Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Extremely depressed and pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

I used to be depressed, back a few years ago for some time. I have been off my medication for well over a year now, as my thyroid is getting back to normal (hypothyroidism can cause depression). 

This pregnancy, I'm stressed out. My husband has been a pain in my ass lately, not pregnancy related. He's going through health issues of his own and we've been fighting and it's straining us big time.

I'm doing so well in school, I want to drop out though. I have no want for it anymore. No motivation--it's gone. 

My kids are my life and I love them and I have such a hard time getting out of bed in the morning even for them.

I cry all the time, every day at least 2 or 3 times a day.

I don't know what to do though. I don't want to take medication while pregnant. I know I'm having issues again and I hate feeling this way. I just want to know I'll be myself again and it's so hard.

I don't want to make huge mistakes, like dropping out of college. I have a 3.94 GPA and it'd be such a shame to drop out. I just can't keep up with the work. I have no energy or desire to do it right now.

What should I do? See about counceling maybe? I know for sure I will not take medication in my pregnancy.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM
If you're not open to medication, the only other option is therapy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)