Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So Angry...ETA

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 81 Replies
So we have had no electricity since 9pm last night. My house is in the 40s and dropping. I called my sister who has a fireplace to ask if we can come over and she flat out said no. I cant believe it. My son who is het godson is freezing and she says no we cant come sit in her living room. Am I wrong to be upset?

So long story short I told my sister I was shocked at her selfishness and she said it wasnt her job to take care of us because of our poor planning. She says we need to get up and get moving and we will be fine. I am so disappointed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aikimomof3
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I would be upset too. Did she give you a reason?

CuriousArentYa
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM

What? Why not? That's crazy!

Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM

What was her reason?

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM

what a lousy sister ! I would be fuming. What was her reason for not allowing you ? If you live near me I'll have you in.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Did she give a reason?
siennasmamma
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM
No, you're not wrong. There is a child that's freezing and in a home without power. Family or not, that is messed up. IMO, it's really messed up because you are family. I'd be pissed too.
CV3
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM
She says she already has two people "stealing her heat" and she doesnt want more. I think she is just having to much fun with friends and doesnt want us to interfere.
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this

I hope you cut her out of your life forever.  I have a feeling this isn't the first time she treated you like this.

Quoting CV3:

She says she already has two people "stealing her heat" and she doesnt want more. I think she is just having to much fun with friends and doesnt want us to interfere.

CV3
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Shes always been a spoiled brat but she had gotten better in recent years....i guess not as much as I thought.

Quoting Miller0305:

I hope you cut her out of your life forever.  I have a feeling this isn't the first time she treated you like this.

Quoting CV3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM
I would be pissed big time!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN