Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your mom or grandma have tattoos?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mom and Daughter Get Tattoos Together (VIDEO)

Posted by Amy Kuras on February 9, 2013 

Did your mom ever tell you "you can't judge a book by its cover"? She's right, and in the latest episode of Tattoo Moms we have your proof.

Doris is a sweet-looking grandma from Wisconsin: gray hair, glasses, retired from the pickle factory. But in fact, she's kind of a nonconformist. Because most grandmas don't have tattoos running up their legs. But Doris does. She's got everything from a tattoo of a pickle to stars and dots representing her children and grandchildren.

Speaking of those children and grandchildren, she's gone to get a tattoo with almost all of them. We meet her daughter Cindy in the episode too.

Cindy is covered in tattoos too, from one honoring her late husband and their four gorgeous pet cats to a classic rose on her chest. As it turns out, tattooing is a family affair for them; they've even had a tattoo party at Doris's son's house, and usually at least two family members go to get tattoos together.

Doris seems, well, kind of awesome. She got her her first tattoo in her 40s, which was well before tattoos went mainstream. Watch the video and check her out:

For more stories of awesome moms of all ages, subscribe to CafeMom Studios on YouTube.

Does your mom or grandma have tattoos?

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Replies (11-20):
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM
No, thank god.
ms.sophsmom
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM
My mom and my Grandma have tatoos lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM
4 moms liked this

Way to stereotype people with tats.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. My family is not the classiest but they're not quite that trashy for the most part.

ninjakids
by Christina on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM
My mom is finally taking the plunge and getting one shell be getting hers when i go for mine :D (..well my next one) grandma no...but my grandfather is covered in them.
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM

My mom has two, none of my grandmothers have any, all of my grandfathers have at least one, my Dad doesn't have any, both my brothers have more than 6, I have 3, and DH has two.

ittybit2012
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:36 AM
My mom doesn't. She's petrified of needles. My ex MIL has several. I have one and want more.
AngelCodysMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

My mom has 4. Her and I went and got tattoos together. (Not the same ones. Just at the same time)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Aw! I wouldn't get "matching tattoos" with the "birth mother". (hence she gave my brother & I up to party her a$$ away!)
But I will gladly get all four o my grand parents names on me!
I love them all! The last grandparent alive was my grandmom on my dad side, she passed away 12/21/2011.
hreynol25
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama.farmer
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:38 AM

My mom is rather conservative, but she's not against tattoos. She resisted for years, and she was also nervous about the pain, but I'm a pain wimp and I have two, so she figured if I can handle it, she can. She has a white-ink tattoo on her wrist that says, "Imagine" with a butterfly, and she says she's been thinking about getting another one soon. She likes white ink because it's not obnoxious, and her parents tend to have issues with those sorts of things. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN