Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your mom or grandma have tattoos?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mom and Daughter Get Tattoos Together (VIDEO)

Posted by Amy Kuras on February 9, 2013 

Did your mom ever tell you "you can't judge a book by its cover"? She's right, and in the latest episode of Tattoo Moms we have your proof.

Doris is a sweet-looking grandma from Wisconsin: gray hair, glasses, retired from the pickle factory. But in fact, she's kind of a nonconformist. Because most grandmas don't have tattoos running up their legs. But Doris does. She's got everything from a tattoo of a pickle to stars and dots representing her children and grandchildren.

Speaking of those children and grandchildren, she's gone to get a tattoo with almost all of them. We meet her daughter Cindy in the episode too.

Cindy is covered in tattoos too, from one honoring her late husband and their four gorgeous pet cats to a classic rose on her chest. As it turns out, tattooing is a family affair for them; they've even had a tattoo party at Doris's son's house, and usually at least two family members go to get tattoos together.

Doris seems, well, kind of awesome. She got her her first tattoo in her 40s, which was well before tattoos went mainstream. Watch the video and check her out:

For more stories of awesome moms of all ages, subscribe to CafeMom Studios on YouTube.

Does your mom or grandma have tattoos?

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Replies (241-243):
a_brown23
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:33 AM

The tree sounds beautiful. Do you have a picture?

Quoting Mistygirl:

My mother has two tattoos, one of her karate dojo's symbol, and one of a tree shaped like her face, with roots for each child and smaller roots for gran babies, the leaves represent every year of her lif and the moon is of the love of her life. It is really pretty and very meaningful.

MsMimna
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM

This is Awesome.....my MIL got her 1st Tattoo when she was 67 years old. My oldest son is a Tattoo Artist and it was Mothers Day at my house.....she wanted a Unicorn Head just above her ankle. So sitting on my couch.....my amazing son drew up this beautiful design and gave her her First Tattoo. 

NOTE: Everything was very Sterile....he has a business, he just brought supplies to my house for her special.

Theaterchick
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM
My mom has tattoos. She has 2 half sleeves which aren't complete and a tat on.her shoulder blade with my dad's name on it and then me and her went and got matching Tattoos when I turned 18 on our left forearms. Both my Grandma and Oma don't have tattoos and my Grandma is against them lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)