Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your mom or grandma have tattoos?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mom and Daughter Get Tattoos Together (VIDEO)

Posted by Amy Kuras on February 9, 2013 

Did your mom ever tell you "you can't judge a book by its cover"? She's right, and in the latest episode of Tattoo Moms we have your proof.

Doris is a sweet-looking grandma from Wisconsin: gray hair, glasses, retired from the pickle factory. But in fact, she's kind of a nonconformist. Because most grandmas don't have tattoos running up their legs. But Doris does. She's got everything from a tattoo of a pickle to stars and dots representing her children and grandchildren.

Speaking of those children and grandchildren, she's gone to get a tattoo with almost all of them. We meet her daughter Cindy in the episode too.

Cindy is covered in tattoos too, from one honoring her late husband and their four gorgeous pet cats to a classic rose on her chest. As it turns out, tattooing is a family affair for them; they've even had a tattoo party at Doris's son's house, and usually at least two family members go to get tattoos together.

Doris seems, well, kind of awesome. She got her her first tattoo in her 40s, which was well before tattoos went mainstream. Watch the video and check her out:

For more stories of awesome moms of all ages, subscribe to CafeMom Studios on YouTube.

Does your mom or grandma have tattoos?

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Replies (41-50):
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Grandma = no Grandpa = 1 Mom = 1 Dad = a few.. Inlaws = no

Me = 4 DH = 4

Join the Beautiful Creatures group!
Discuss the books and movies
http://www.cafemom.com/group/beautifulcreatures

mommyto3bees
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM

not my grandma, but my mom has a small homemade one with ink and a pink she got at a party as a teen on her handby her thumb otherwise nothing else

armyvet06
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Me, my mom, my dad, both my sisters and my grandfather all have tattoos. My grandmother does not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dee0886
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Yep. My mom has 4 and my grandma has 1

KaysMom06
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Nope. Im the only one in my family to have tattoos

soon2bmomof3619
by Tinkerbell on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM

My mom has a couple. As far as I know my Memere did not and my Grandmother does not.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM
My mom has several, so did my dad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM

My mom has a butterfly on her chest. Neither of my grandmas believe in getting tattoos lol.

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM

My mom does she also has a few piercings I don't have tattoos though only my belly button pierced.

Lalalie
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:13 PM

My mother had tattoos.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)