Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need a little help. Pretty lost at this point

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
Im going through a pretty rough custody battle right now. My ex has been one hell of a peice of shit to work with. From domestic violance, beating up an exbf of mine, stalking, stealing, attemtping to commit suicide in my house, having his new gf talk shit while HOLDING MY SON to now, most recently, child abuse. I've attemtped working with this guy.. I seriously have. We've been in and out of court through my sons whole life. Its the he said she said crap. Difference is, most of the shit I can back up with evidence.
Anyway, I got tired of having to go through this alone and needed the help with stuff like court documents and how to really defend myself in court. Especially after we had a 31-11 evaluation done. The report was bogus!!! The fucking mediator made me out to be a worthless piece shit mother who was out to get the ex. I can prove on many of the 'facts' of the document that she contradicted herself and was extrememly wrong. I have no criminal history and she wanted to give custody to a man with mental illness (mental hospitalization for months for attemtped suicide under his belt), several DV charges and a RECENT CPS case for hitting his gf's daughter like he hit our son!!!! FOR FUCKING REAL?!!!! Even my lawyer said that report was poorly done and I needed to fight it.
I hired this lawyer to help me get custody of my son because of the violance. CPS and the courts have given me tempory physical and legal custody. And now we are going to trial at the end of this month because despite him emailing me ADMITTING to hitting our son, he is convinced he has done nothing wrong and is fightig for sole custody AND child support. (Hes never once helped pay for a god damn thing in my sons life and Ive never asked for child support. wasnt worth the bs fight.) I hired my lawyer with $4,000 down, she runs at $425 an hr and i pay out of pocket for all the legal processing, like the subeona for the cops who spoke to my son.
Yesteerday really pissed me off because while at court, we didnt discuss anything about the damn case and when we were in front of the judge, my fuckking ex just ran his pos mouth and my attorney just SAT THERE!!! Everytime I got tired of being manipulated as this lying bitch, she told me not to speak. I felt like she never stood up for me. On top of this bs, she never emails me back on questions or concerns I have and throughout the whole time of waiting to be seen by the judge (took about a good hr and a half) we didnt speak AT ALL!!! Instead she worked on another case!!! Everytime I asked her a question.... she said we would talk later. Now I have to schedule an appointment to sit down and discuss this shit at $425 AN HOUR when we couldve just discussed it while we were at court!!!!

Is there any way I can bring this up to her without coming off as a wicked bitch? I dont need her being pissy and losing my case. This case is extremely important because this is the welfare of my son.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AA2.0
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM
I would get a different lawyer. When she's with you handling your case, YOUR CASE should be priority. She should not be working on other cases while waiting to see the judge for your case. Ridiculous.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Our trial is on feb 25. Is a lawyer going to take my case this late on? Is it going to make me look bad in court for switching lawyers during a case?

Quoting AA2.0:

I would get a different lawyer. When she's with you handling your case, YOUR CASE should be priority. She should not be working on other cases while waiting to see the judge for your case. Ridiculous.

AA2.0
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not 100% sure. It can't hurt to get a consultation and ask another lawyer, though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Our trial is on feb 25. Is a lawyer going to take my case this late on? Is it going to make me look bad in court for switching lawyers during a case?

Quoting AA2.0:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN