Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

aap says there are more pros than cons circing boys.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
After a comprehensive review of the scientific evidence, the American Academy of Pediatrics found the health benefits of newborn male circumcision outweigh the risks, but the benefits are not great enough to recommend universal newborn circumcision. The AAP policy statement published Monday, August 27, says the final decision should still be left to parents to make in the context of their religious, ethical and cultural beliefs.Links to more information are below.AAP Policy Statement on Circumcision AAP Technical Report on CircumcisionAAP news release: “New Evidence Points to Greater Benefits of Infant Circumcision, But Final Say Is Still Up to Parents, Says AAP” AAP News article: “Health benefits linked to newborn circumcision” (log-in required) Speaking points on circumcision for AAP members (log-in required) Parent resources:•    Circumcision•    Should the Baby bebe Circumcised? •    Where We Stand: Circumcision  g http://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/pages/Newborn-Male-Circumcision.aspx?nfstatus=401&nftoken=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&nfstatusdescription=ERROR%3a+No+local+token
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thePBandJmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Meh, I've read through the medical benefits and they weren't enough for me to circumcise my son. I don't really care what other's do.

ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, when you get paid to say things, there can always be more pros than cons. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope parents will wake up and realize that not circing can have some nasty consequences later in life. those poor boys.

Shermy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I think this is a very fair, open stance.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I circed both boys. I could give a shit less what other parents choose to do with their kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RandiBear
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish people would stop being so preoccupied with other people's kid's genitals...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Ok so forever i dont want to ever see a. Argument about anything involving babies (erf, breast feeding, vaccinations) that have aap as a source.
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM
4 moms liked this
It's funny that when the studies agree with people, they are fact. When they disagree, the people are paid. The AAP recommends keeping them rear facing until they are *whatever the current age is*, then you are neglectful and a bad parent if you don't comply. When they recommend circumcision, people act like it's no big deal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:44 PM
There are far fewer risks to leaving them intact than there are to having part of their penis removed. Only a tiny minority of guys ever have an issue with their foreskin but almost all have side effects related to the surgery.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope parents will wake up and realize that not circing can have some nasty consequences later in life. those poor boys.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I hope parents wake up and realize that circing their kid can have some nasty consequences immediately as well as later in life. Ever heard of a botched circ? And did you know that their are even some babies that die or get life threatening infections due to a circ.........that is something parents don't worry about when leaving their child intact. And the only parents who think its nasty being left alone are the one who are too shitless to think any other way. Pure ignorance and extreme judgement.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)