Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Soo sad.. 5 killed!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
Not 5 mins from where I live, on a road I travel daily! Head on collision because a 28 yr old man was in such a hurry he had to try to pass everyone around a dangerous curve and alcohol is suspected. Almost an entire family including a 1 yr old baby! Its heartbreaking to hear but even worse to know its so close to home!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Bumpp
crescentstar2
by Anne on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Sad
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CharlotteRose
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I read that yahoo.com this am.  Very very sad 

piratehooker
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Troup county?

I am just hearing of this. How awful.
illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM

So sad :( 

nemo258
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Did the driver that caused the wreck survive? That's so sad. that's how my dad was killed riding his motorcycle. An idiot driving like that
piratehooker
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Police ID 5 killed in Troup Co. wreck
By Katie Leslie

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Georgia State Patrol have identified the five people killed in a Troup County head-on collision that they believe may have involved alcohol.

The deceased include Willie L. Hooks, 28; Melanie Kay Lemmon, 23; Miranda Hurston, 37; Quamauri C. Harrison, 1; and Tridarius Harrison, whose age is unavailable but police say is an infant. All are from LaGrange.

Hooks and Lemmon were each driving a vehicle involved in the two-car wreck, which happened at 6:40 p.m. on West Point Road at Old West Point Road southwest of LaGrange, police said.

Police say Hooks, driving a 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass, attempted to pass a vehicle in a no-passing zone when his car collided with Lemmon’s 1995 Pontiac Grand Am.

Lemmon’s Pontiac carried six passengers, including Miranda Hurston, who rode in the front seat, and the children who died.

Two teenagers also riding in the Pontiac were critically injured. Jayvianna C. Hurston, 15, was flown to Atlanta Medical Center and Shaquavious S. Harrison, 18, was flown to Columbus, according to GSP spokesman Gordy Wright.

It’s unclear whether seat belts were in use.

Police suspect alcohol as a contributing factor to the crash and drew a blood sample from Hooks.
littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I agree it is sad.  Unfortunately, I hear about these things often where I live.  Driving under the influence is never acceptable and there should be stiffer penalties.  Here in NY, the driver is automatically charged with a felony if they are driving with a child under 16 in the vehicle and are drunk or on drugs. It is a felony and their face/name is all over the papers(even if they did not cause an accident)

tanper29
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Wow that is so sad. And so maddening because it didnt have to happen. I hope that man is eaten alive with guilt over what he did.
RLT2
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Terrible, just horrible

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)