Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Calling all trolls!!:::edit:::

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

This is an honest question, okay?

Why do you do it? I know most of you will say "because it's fun" but the root of my question is, why do you think it's fun? Do you ever feel guilty about trolling people for your own amusement? Do you consider trolling to be substantially different from bullying? Does your background have anything to do with your need to hurt/upset/belittle/shock/or disgust others to make yourself feel good? Do you have any mental or emotional disorders? How long have you been trolling? 

Edit: Okay I'm getting a lot of responses that people troll but benignly, not to hurt anyone. I think that is true in a lot of cases but I also think that there is a more malicious type of trolling as well. I think we've all seen some really awful troll posts here, hurtful things that just are not funny at all. In my opinion, I see two different kinds of trolls, those that are in it for the lulz and those that are in it for the hurt feelings and anger. This thread is directed at those who are in it for the anger. But others can stillr eply too if you want. :)    (IF this edit doesn't makse sense you can read my reply to TheTrollCat on page five, I think i articulated it a bit better there, haha.) 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:13 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM

bump

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you really expect an honest answer from these women?????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Expect? Not really. Just hoping.

Quoting Sassy762:

Do you really expect an honest answer from these women?????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM
It's amusing watching the outraged masses work themselves into a frenzy over the opinion of one random person on the interwebz. If you don't get how or why that could be amusing, no one can explain it to you. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't troll like make my own post, but sometimes i say stupid shit for my own amusement nothing hurtful though ...... Unless they suck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM
It's really fun to get the up tight ones going.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM

So, your concience remains unburdened as long as you label anyone with different views or opinions as you as "uptight" and therefore deserving of ridicule?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's really fun to get the up tight ones going.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I'm insecure and like to play.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)