Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I have this "friend"....

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM
  • 55 Replies

I feel like she's always talking down to me. My house is never filthy, but it does get messy with two kids and a dog (clothes on the couch that need put away, toys out, etc. Not to mentioned we just moved here from half way across the world 3 months ago).So anyway, she walks into my house and tells me, I need therapy for my house. She doesn't feel comfortable in my house. Even when it's spotless (like if I'm hosting a Pampered Chef show, or Scentsy show), she tells me that I could do better. She found out that I was going to throw her a baby shower and she told me she would rather someone else do it for her. Then just recently, she posted in a group weu're both in on FB, saying we should have a tea party. She said her house is too small and doesn't want it there. I offered to have it at my house, and several people agreed that we should have it at my house. Then lo and behold, she miraculously has room at her house, just so it's not at mine. I feel like I'm always talking about her to my husband. Our husbands work together, so at squadron functions and what not, we'll see each other, and also we have several mutual friends. I feel like MAYBE it's all in my head, but then I don't think it is. I guess I'm just venting!

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Just keep her as an aquaintancw u don't have to invite her over she sounds crazy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Ditch her. She is no friend
LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Not a friend.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM
3 moms liked this

quit trying to be friends and just act like social aquaintances at 'functions'...civil and friendly, but not friends

LittlePistol87
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Yeah friends don't treat friends that way. I'd avoid talking and hanging around her. Jmo. 

pudgepocalypse
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Ditch the bitch
Yuriko_chan
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM

That's what I'm thinking too. I know we were all at a girl's night out, and I was sitting beside her, and evertime someone was talking to me, or I was talking to them, she would lean forward to block me off. It's just so aggrevating!! I mean, I don't think I ever did anything to her! I don't know why she's acting like this at all.... O_o

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
o.O....
by Cara on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Um... don't be her friend anymore?

Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Punch her in the tit.

But seriously, sea not your friend, avoid her outside of social things.
missamanda86
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I wouldnt associate with this 'friend'...right now, my living room has baby toys everywher (and the baby strowing more as we speak) and blankets that need folding, dishes I need to load in the dishwasher and laundry that needs doing...but I have 2 sick kids out of 3, and Im not feeling so hot either...so Id say peace out biatch...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)