Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

should i let his family be involved even though he doesnt want to be?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ds is 3 weeks old my stbxh wants NOTHING to do with him...he hasnt seen him and doesnt want to either.his sister sent me a facebook message last night saying her and the rest of the family really want to see him and spend time with him and they know im breastfeeding so they would love it if we would both come over for dinner or something so we can talk and they can meet ds.im not sure how i feel about this and im not sure what to do.i know my stbxh didnt even want them to know about ds but we saw his sister in walmart and he looks just like his dad and when she asked if he was stbxh i told her the truth.he left when i was 3 months pregnant(HE cheated)and we hadnt told anyone yet.i love his family but i dont want ds involved in drama and i feel his dad will start a ton if i let them see him...advice please
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
JLS2388
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say let them be involved on your terms, do what you feel comforatble with doing but I wouldn't let them be alone with him

EAzizM
by Erica on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Don't make your son suffer because of his pos father. He deserves to have people that care for him in his life, regardless who they are related to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Then hopefully he will stay there, lol

Like other Posters stated.....the more people that love the child...the better

Quoting Anonymous:

they havent seen or talked to him since we split.he is to far up his gf's ass

Quoting Sassy762:

IF the family wants to have a relationship with the child and they are cool about you not being with your Ex, then I say go for it.

Kaya529
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM
I think you should take him. Remember he has genes from them and he may need them to better understand things about himself.

As a child my father was never around. I was more like him than my mother. Having his family around helped me a lot. They just understood me in the ways my mom couldn't relate.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emarin77
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Quoting jillbailey26:

I'd go over.  Just because your son's dad doesn't want anything to do with him doesn't mean you have to alienate his whole family.  Maybe your ex will take a hint and step up and be the father he should be.  If not, at least your son will know the other side of his family.

.Nobody.
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I think you should let them be in your sons life. The more love the betta!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jentily
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

your son has every right to know who  his family is. I think you should be happy that his family wants to be involved, not everyone gets that chance. 

Your son has an Aunt that wants him in her life. That is awesome! Get along with them and become "friendly" ... when your son gets older he will see the truth.

Congrats I think it's great .. and when your boy is older, you will have babysitters ;)

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

i would! if they are good people! 

the more family to love your baby the better, especially since his dad isn't good for much! a  baby can never have too many people love him! 

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Yes I would. My ex has never seen our 4 year old son, but I am friends with his mom on facebook. She lives far away so shes never seen him but she sees and comments on pictures and I told her she is more than welcome to see him anytime she wants. Because of this exs new wife wont let their kids have anything to do with their Grandma.. its sad. But yes.. yes I would!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Just because you chose a jackass to father your child doesn't mean the child can't benefit from interaction with his more responsible family members.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)