Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

should i let his family be involved even though he doesnt want to be?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ds is 3 weeks old my stbxh wants NOTHING to do with him...he hasnt seen him and doesnt want to either.his sister sent me a facebook message last night saying her and the rest of the family really want to see him and spend time with him and they know im breastfeeding so they would love it if we would both come over for dinner or something so we can talk and they can meet ds.im not sure how i feel about this and im not sure what to do.i know my stbxh didnt even want them to know about ds but we saw his sister in walmart and he looks just like his dad and when she asked if he was stbxh i told her the truth.he left when i was 3 months pregnant(HE cheated)and we hadnt told anyone yet.i love his family but i dont want ds involved in drama and i feel his dad will start a ton if i let them see him...advice please
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM

my ex parents still send the kids gifts every once in awhile not all the time but i update when i can to her about my kids...but me and my ex had a terrible break up but she was cool with it becaue he was a cheater.

MoPain
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM

In my opinion a child can not have too many people that love and care about it.  Sounds like his family is wanting to be more people that your son can count on I would let them come visit JMO As for the drama there will always be drama but your son could miss out on having more family if you keep them away from him

Jentily
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM

i understand. But now you have a link to them forever and that is your baby boy ... your son has a right to know who his family is .. I think everything will be fine and your son is going to be a happy boy because of all the people who  love him :) 

huggs momma this is a good thing 

Quoting Anonymous:

ive always been friendly and loved his family i just didnt want things to be awkward after we split so i just stayed away and didnt talk to them much

Quoting Jentily:

your son has every right to know who  his family is. I think you should be happy that his family wants to be involved, not everyone gets that chance. 

Your son has an Aunt that wants him in her life. That is awesome! Get along with them and become "friendly" ... when your son gets older he will see the truth.

Congrats I think it's great .. and when your boy is older, you will have babysitters ;)

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Yes he should meet them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bauxite-17
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM

If my brother didn't want to see his own child or be apart of his childs life, I'd want to be apart of my nephews life...just so he doesn't feel like his whole dads side of the family didn't want to see him. His dad can go fuck off.

TarantulaTress
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I'd go over. They're expressing an interest in your DS. That's a good thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobinBright
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I'd absolutely go for it.  STBXH is a douche, but that doesn't mean your kiddo needs to lose out on having that whole side of his family.  It's cool that they want to be involved even if the father doesn't.  

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Yes do it. A child can never have enough people to love them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermomz25
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I would go over. I stay in contact with my ex's family even though he isn't involved with my older kids. they love my kids and my kids love them. if he doesn't want to be involved, then that's his loss.

imultracool
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Go. Its important that this baby have many loving and supportive ppl in his life, especially since his dad wants no part of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)