Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my in laws decided they were staying with us for a week or two

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

That's right, without even asking they told my DH's aunt that they would be staying with us when they come down for DH's cousin's wedding (the DD of the aunt).

I didn't even know about it until DH's aunt mentioned something about them staying with us. I told her I had no idea what she was talking about. DH had no clue about any of it either.

Back story, my MIL is a bitch to me. She criticizes everything I do from the laundry detergent I use to how I raise my kids to the clothes I wear to the cars we buy. There is no way I will tolerate them staying with us for one to two weeks (not sure exactly how long they are planning on staying). DH agrees because he can't stand when she acts like that either.

He called her and confronted her about the whole thing. She said that she assumed it would be ok. He told her that it's not and that he didn't appreciate her assuming they could stay in our home for a week, particularly with the way she treats me.

She got pissed off and called him an ungrateful little ass. I am just grateful that I have a DH who is concerned about me and not a mama's boy who only worries about making mommy happy (that's how his brother is and I don't know how his wife puts up with it)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM

well now really, which is it - one week or two?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Sorry, I forgot to put that part in, they are going back and fourth between wanting to stay for a week or two weeks, aunt said they were staying a week but MIL said they were planning on two weeks

Quoting ff-princess:

well now really, which is it - one week or two?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:34 PM

bump

anotherhalf
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Good job dh!  You are a lucky woman.

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I always push everyone off on sil because her house is bigger. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I have a 2 day limit for anyone staying in my home, if you are going to be here longer, I would be happy to give you some hotel recommendations
AA2.0
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Good job DH! That is ridiculous and I wouldn't let it happen even if my MIL was an angel just because of the way she handled it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I wish I could do that, it would be easier then just saying no but SIL lives in an apartment.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

I always push everyone off on sil because her house is bigger. :)

.Nobody.
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM
That wouldn't have been an issue for me... But then again I love my inlaws.

But in your case...I wouldn't want people I don't like in my house either. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gypsy30
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM

stick to your guns. maybe she'll learn she can't treat you like crap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN