Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

are there any other married mothers that feel this way?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 24 Replies
Ok ... well here it gose... I'm sara and I have been married for going on 3yrs and my husband and I have a beautiful 19 month old daughter whom I love more than anything. But here is The deal, since my daughter was born my life has come to a hault... I dnt hang out with friends.... and my husband and I use to do everything together... and now.. well... nothing. I do nothing But cook, clean, play baby dolls, potty train.... I have no life... all while my husband still has his life... he has friends, he gose and dose things... I mean dnt get me wrong he works and gose to school.... But he still gets to have his life But why can't I have mine too... he wnt watch are daughter for me to go do something, he wnt take me out with him any more when we use to go every where with each other..idk....dose anyone else have this issue?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't have that issue and here is my advice. Be ready to leave when he gets home, hand him dd with a list of any info he may need and tell him you are going to watch a movie to relax. If you are nervous to leave replace that with a long bubble bath and glass of wine.

Tell him If he would like to join you next time that would be wonderful
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM
2 moms liked this

No. You married a child. Your husband is supposed to be your partner, if he isn't then your marriage is a failure. Sorry you're in that situation, but if you want to change it you have to just do it. Go, leave the house and go with your friends and don't ask permission, just go. Don't give him a choice. 

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Haha thats been my life for the last 6 years, BUT if I need to go somewhere, I can leave my kids with Dh at anytime. He doesnt go out unless we go together (which is rare). 

CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM

No, my husband tells me I need to go out for a girls night, but I want to spend my time with him when he is actually off. I can spend time with my friends while he is at work and when the kids are in school.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Sorry, I don't have that issue and never have.

You need to sit down and tell him what you need. If that doesn't work, hand him your daughter and walk out the door for a couple of hours.

CafeMom Tickers
lucsch
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM

To a certain extent, yes, but we do go out sometimes. Life is different after you have children. You have less time, more to do. It gets monotonous. I suggest that you find a way to get a babysitter and go out with him as well as, with friends. It really does make a difference. I would INSIST.

pudgepocalypse
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Goes
does
Halt

our

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM

It's called motherhood....

stephiic
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM
BUMP
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jentily
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

you desrve a night out and if your hubby is not going to step up .. than you step up and make it happen for yourself. Pay for a babysitter and go our with your friends xo 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)