Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

22 year old 15 year old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My brother is 22 years old having sex with a 15 year old hes a drug addict been in jail multiple times for theft. Should I call the cops. I think this girl deserves better
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Replies (181-190):
elkmomma
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Talk to both of them first.  Second talk to your parents and hers.  Third call child protection services and get more info.  Only call the cops if and when your ready for intense backlash from God knows who and potentially are willing to put your life at risk.

momsince04
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM
She is not a rape victim. There are real woman out there that were abused, and raped. If it were my daughter I would blame myself for letting her be out of control and acting in a way that is no where near appropriate for her age. Teens that are allowed to act like sluts and dress like hookers are the ones that are out being stupid and sleeping around. The teens that come from a good home with mothers that do not allow that shit to happen don't have this problem. I'm a damn good mom, and I would never let my daughter act or dress like the anon said. The anon said she dressed like that because it was in, and had sex cuz she couldn't say no. Well that's bull shit. She liked playing adult and having sex, it was not rape. She's just trying to justify her sluttiness

Quoting areid1023:

where the hell is this coming from for you? is it your SO? was it your SO? what is this? a rape victim just spoke out and you respond with this callous and cavalier garbage? this has got to be personal for you, and i dont know from what viewpoint, but your anger is very misplaced. 

i feel like i dont want to know the answer but i have to ask, what if this was your daughter?

Quoting momsince04:

So you are justifying you being slutty at 15 with being scared?? Haha I highly doubt that

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I am 27 and I dressed the way you would probably consider slutty. Short shorts belly shits bikini tops and shorts. That's the way it was. That doesn't mean that an ADULT should take advantage of a child. Its still rape whether the child says yes or not. The ADULT should know better. Plus at 15 she could just be having sex because she is scared of what this man might do to her if she don't like I was.

Quoting momsince04:

I don't know how old you are, but 15 yr olds are not like how they were when I was 15. Now, they dress like hookers, act like adults and get knocked up like if it something cool. Op never said her brother is raping teenage girls, she said he is sleeping with her. Again she must be hanging out with the same group of people that he is, and I highly doubt she doesn't want it.

Quoting Anonymous:

So your saying that since she is 15 that it can't be rape. I was a tiny girl at 15 and intimidated by adults. So I guess my mom was right that when my step brother (who was 24) came into my room when I was 15 and had sex with me and I was too scared to say no. That I must have wanted it huh. Well thanks for putting it into your prospective for me. Damn at 15 whether you WANT TO OR NOT in a lot of situations the CHILD is too intimidated to say no.

Quoting momsince04:

She's 15 and knows what she is doing. Yes op brothe is sick and irresponsible for sleeping w a 15 yr old, but she probably is as much as a pos as he is. Either way, she knows what she is doing. It's up to her parents do something with their slutty out of control 15 yr old.

Quoting areid1023:

good lord. so i guess 10 is your cutoff then? barf. 11, 12, 13, 14? all ok? 

luckily most states disagree with you.

i am yet to meet a 15 year old that knows what they're doing. they certainly do NOT know what they're doing when it comes to adult relationships.

and 'sleeping around'? as far as we know she is only sleeping (aka being raped by) with the OP's 22 year old brother. your bias is showing. if it wasnt for the adult having sex with her who knows if she'd be having sex at all. the imbalance of power makes it impossible to tell, hence, and once again, consent laws.

Quoting momsince04:

How can you say a 15 yr old is not able to consent to sex?? She is not an 8 yr old or 10 yr old. She is 15 and knows damn well what she is doing. An if someone is to stop her, then it should be left to the parents. She knows what she is doing, and she's ok with sleeping around with older men.

Quoting areid1023:

this isnt about gender. i dont blame 'the guy' i blame the adult. if the genders were reversed or if it was a same sex interaction it would be just as wrong. 

yeah, so many PEOPLE are having sex young, that doesnt give adults a free pass to sleep with kids. fortunately, most adults dont have the temptation to do such a sick thing. 

in the vast majority of states (if not all, and regardless of archaic younger consent laws its still wrong) she does not have the capacity to consent. hence the reason for 'statutory' rape laws.which begs the question, how young would you like to see the legal 'cut off''? many children experience sexual abuse 'willingly' and then struggle with their perceived 'willingness'. the 15 year old child does not have the physiological or legal capacity to consent to sex with a 22 year old adult. he IS raping her because her 'willingness' means nothing. the absolute inherent imbalance of power in this type of situation implies coercion and rape. regardless of if the child says 'yes', says nothing, or 'started it'. 

this child is risking her life and someone should be there to prevent it. or at least do their darnedest by protecting her from predators like the OP's brother. 

not 'so be it'. how disturbing. 

Quoting momsince04:

If the girl is willingly sleeping with him, it's not a crime. So many girls are having sex young, and everyone always seems to blame the guy. If she wants it, then so be it. He is not raping her.

Quoting areid1023:

sick. this is not the first blind familial allegiance reply ive read but i still dont understand it. ruin HIS life? by reporting his activity in which hes most likely legally raping a child (the only reason why reporting it would 'ruin his life')? would your opinion extend to a 14 year old? 13? 10? how young?  PLUS hes an addict, as if raping young teens wasnt bad enough. 

how ruined will the girl's life be if she gets pregnant by this guy? how about if she gets an STD or HIV from this known drug addicted adult? the psychological effects, alone, of sleeping with adults when you're a child are detrimental. 

i have a sister. i would take a bullet for her. but i would never in a million years stand by while she victimized anyone, let alone a child. and while it would pain me to no end, i am adult enough to know it was her actions that got her in trouble, not me standing up for whats right.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. Dont call them. Idk exactly what the situation is but its your brother. You do know that it will ruin his life dont you. Try talking to him and the girl. Maybe you can talk some.sense into them. Does he have a history of dating underage girls? Just think about it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
areid1023
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:57 PM

im glad you appear to be in the minority on this thread. im insanely glad the law doesnt agree with you. 

'act' like the anon'? she didnt say anything about the way she acted. not that it matters. 

you wont answer any of my questions, not that you're obligated to, but its obvious this comes from a very personal and sick place for you. 

your attitude, especially as a parent, perpetuates child abuse. like the mother of the anon you so blatantly accused of 'asking for it'.

ETA: she DID say how she acted. she was a virgin and wanted to wait for marriage. not that her behavior or attire has ANYTHING to do with the validity of her rape. 

Quoting momsince04:

She is not a rape victim. There are real woman out there that were abused, and raped. If it were my daughter I would blame myself for letting her be out of control and acting in a way that is no where near appropriate for her age. Teens that are allowed to act like sluts and dress like hookers are the ones that are out being stupid and sleeping around. The teens that come from a good home with mothers that do not allow that shit to happen don't have this problem. I'm a damn good mom, and I would never let my daughter act or dress like the anon said. The anon said she dressed like that because it was in, and had sex cuz she couldn't say no. Well that's bull shit. She liked playing adult and having sex, it was not rape. She's just trying to justify her sluttiness

Quoting areid1023:

where the hell is this coming from for you? is it your SO? was it your SO? what is this? a rape victim just spoke out and you respond with this callous and cavalier garbage? this has got to be personal for you, and i dont know from what viewpoint, but your anger is very misplaced. 

i feel like i dont want to know the answer but i have to ask, what if this was your daughter?

Quoting momsince04:

So you are justifying you being slutty at 15 with being scared?? Haha I highly doubt that

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I am 27 and I dressed the way you would probably consider slutty. Short shorts belly shits bikini tops and shorts. That's the way it was. That doesn't mean that an ADULT should take advantage of a child. Its still rape whether the child says yes or not. The ADULT should know better. Plus at 15 she could just be having sex because she is scared of what this man might do to her if she don't like I was.

Quoting momsince04:

I don't know how old you are, but 15 yr olds are not like how they were when I was 15. Now, they dress like hookers, act like adults and get knocked up like if it something cool. Op never said her brother is raping teenage girls, she said he is sleeping with her. Again she must be hanging out with the same group of people that he is, and I highly doubt she doesn't want it.

Quoting Anonymous:

So your saying that since she is 15 that it can't be rape. I was a tiny girl at 15 and intimidated by adults. So I guess my mom was right that when my step brother (who was 24) came into my room when I was 15 and had sex with me and I was too scared to say no. That I must have wanted it huh. Well thanks for putting it into your prospective for me. Damn at 15 whether you WANT TO OR NOT in a lot of situations the CHILD is too intimidated to say no.

Quoting momsince04:

She's 15 and knows what she is doing. Yes op brothe is sick and irresponsible for sleeping w a 15 yr old, but she probably is as much as a pos as he is. Either way, she knows what she is doing. It's up to her parents do something with their slutty out of control 15 yr old.

Quoting areid1023:

i am yet to meet a 15 year old that knows what they're doing. they certainly do NOT know what they're doing when it comes to adult relationships.

and 'sleeping around'? as far as we know she is only sleeping (aka being raped by) with the OP's 22 year old brother. your bias is showing. if it wasnt for the adult having sex with her who knows if she'd be having sex at all. the imbalance of power makes it impossible to tell, hence, and once again, consent laws.

Quoting momsince04:

How can you say a 15 yr old is not able to consent to sex?? She is not an 8 yr old or 10 yr old. She is 15 and knows damn well what she is doing. An if someone is to stop her, then it should be left to the parents. She knows what she is doing, and she's ok with sleeping around with older men.

Quoting areid1023:

this isnt about gender. i dont blame 'the guy' i blame the adult. if the genders were reversed or if it was a same sex interaction it would be just as wrong. 

yeah, so many PEOPLE are having sex young, that doesnt give adults a free pass to sleep with kids. fortunately, most adults dont have the temptation to do such a sick thing. 

in the vast majority of states (if not all, and regardless of archaic younger consent laws its still wrong) she does not have the capacity to consent. hence the reason for 'statutory' rape laws.which begs the question, how young would you like to see the legal 'cut off''? many children experience sexual abuse 'willingly' and then struggle with their perceived 'willingness'. the 15 year old child does not have the physiological or legal capacity to consent to sex with a 22 year old adult. he IS raping her because her 'willingness' means nothing. the absolute inherent imbalance of power in this type of situation implies coercion and rape. regardless of if the child says 'yes', says nothing, or 'started it'. 

this child is risking her life and someone should be there to prevent it. or at least do their darnedest by protecting her from predators like the OP's brother. 

Quoting momsince04:

If the girl is willingly sleeping with him, it's not a crime. So many girls are having sex young, and everyone always seems to blame the guy. If she wants it, then so be it. He is not raping her.

Quoting areid1023:

sick. this is not the first blind familial allegiance reply ive read but i still dont understand it. ruin HIS life? by reporting his activity in which hes most likely legally raping a child (the only reason why reporting it would 'ruin his life')? would your opinion extend to a 14 year old? 13? 10? how young?  PLUS hes an addict, as if raping young teens wasnt bad enough. 

how ruined will the girl's life be if she gets pregnant by this guy? how about if she gets an STD or HIV from this known drug addicted adult? the psychological effects, alone, of sleeping with adults when you're a child are detrimental. 

i have a sister. i would take a bullet for her. but i would never in a million years stand by while she victimized anyone, let alone a child. and while it would pain me to no end, i am adult enough to know it was her actions that got her in trouble, not me standing up for whats right.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. Dont call them. Idk exactly what the situation is but its your brother. You do know that it will ruin his life dont you. Try talking to him and the girl. Maybe you can talk some.sense into them. Does he have a history of dating underage girls? Just think about it.

my little bug! 11-29-08

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:01 PM

In my state, that's legal, sooo it depends where you live.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Whether shr says yes or not it was still illegal

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting Anonymous:

momsince04
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:07 PM
If you say so. We are all entitled to our own opinions. And if you don't agree that's fine, but where I come from 15 yr olds do not act like the sweet and innocent kind. So I'll have to work extra hard so that my daughter does not turn to trash. There is a big difference from being Raped and having sex as a teenager. I'm not sure if you have experienced either, but it's horrible to be raped, ad it's horrible that little girls think its ok to act like they are all grown up.

Quoting areid1023:

im glad you appear to be in the minority on this thread. im insanely glad the law doesnt agree with you. 

'act' like the anon'? she didnt say anything about the way she acted. not that it matters. 

you wont answer any of my questions, not that you're obligated to, but its obvious this comes from a very personal and sick place for you. 

your attitude, especially as a parent, perpetuates child abuse. like the mother of the anon you so blatantly accused of 'asking for it'.

ETA: she DID say how she acted. she was a virgin and wanted to wait for marriage. not that her behavior or attire has ANYTHING to do with the validity of her rape. 

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting Anonymous:

OkieMommyOf6
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I would in a heart beat. That girl is way too young to be with some one that old.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Have you ever heard of statutory rape? Maybe you should look it up

Quoting momsince04:

If you say so. We are all entitled to our own opinions. And if you don't agree that's fine, but where I come from 15 yr olds do not act like the sweet and innocent kind. So I'll have to work extra hard so that my daughter does not turn to trash. There is a big difference from being Raped and having sex as a teenager. I'm not sure if you have experienced either, but it's horrible to be raped, ad it's horrible that little girls think its ok to act like they are all grown up.

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting Anonymous:

Tinabee88
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I've personally known of way worse situations than that. Call if you want to, but know he'll have to register as a sex offender.

momsince04
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM
I'm not disputing that, I'm saying he is not raping her. And if you are that concerned, you should go talk to her parents and talk to you brother. An what does it matter, if he's a druggie or not, the point is he is sleeping with a minor. If you think your brother is a pos then myob an stay out of his life.

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting areid1023:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN