Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A MAN thought up formula just like he thought up hospital birth--EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Leave it to a man to profit offa womens body parts

Man successfully brainwashed women into thinking their milk is inferior and formula was the magic answer...the brainwashing still continues today in this world

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Replies (101-110):
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't think anyone argues or believes that formula is better than breast milk.  However in a world where women are told "their body their choice" that only seems to be accepted BEFORE the baby is born.  If a woman decides to bottle feed then their brain washed, or uneducated, or lazy. 

Signed,

A formula feeding Momma who knows breast is best but for reasons that are NONE of your concern bottle fed!

Quoting Anonymous:

Leave it to a man to profit offa womens body parts

Man successfully brainwashed women into thinking their milk is inferior and formula was the magic answer...the brainwashing still continues today in this world

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM
I know it is horrible

And yet there are some who seem to think that is what should happen today SMH

Quoting le.sigh.333:

that's what they did to babies who didn't latch on well, too, back in the day

true fucking story. heard about it in my humanities class.

i don't agree with it, but it happened.

Quoting Anonymous:

So if you had been unable to breastfeed, what would you have done? Let your baby starve to death?

Quoting Melissa_4:

Personally I find it repulsive to stick a plastic bottle with silicone nipple full of man made chemicals into the mouths of perfect little newborns, but hey!  To each their own.

winkyloafer
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM
They shouldn't even be told. What decent woman doesn't know when their man wants a sandwich?

Quoting Anonymous:

Without the man, who would have told the woman to make the sandwich?

Quoting winkyloafer:

Without the woman, the sandwich would not be.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wtf are you talking about? Men create sandwiches by telling the woman what he wants on it, women only make them

Quoting winkyloafer:

Because women don't belong elsewhere but the kitchen and should only be inventing sandwiches.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Well if it wasn't for my hospital birth, both my child and I would be dead. Due to formula my son is now a healthy 7 year old. He would of died from malnutrition within a few months if I would of breast fed.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:55 PM
And thankfully so! Both have saved many lives.
jlbelknap35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
This exactly!!!! My hospital and doctors and staff were more than awesome and would NEVER want do deal with the craziness and clean up of a home birth.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Whatever, I loved formula when I needed it and I positively LOVED my hospital births beyond anything else.  I would NEVER use a midwife or have anything imo as stupid as a home birth.  I will stick to my hospital births and OB/Gyn.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Lol, I'm not dense at all. It's ignorant to think the choices women make are due to lack of education. Your assumption that a woman giving up dairy will magically cure a baby of colic is only a partially educated guess. Maybe people shouldn't have to explain their choices to others because it's not the business of anyone but the mother. Resources are available to mothers, that's a fact, women know "breast is best" but some women don't know when to mind their own damn business.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL, I didn't offer anything that would cause you to say I'm anti anything. Are you not understanding that? You are very dense. My reading comrehension isn't in trouble. It's yours that has issues. How is what I said wrong??? I said many women are uneducated about bf and it often causes them to give up rather than finding a solution. WHAT are you not getting about that?! 

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't assume anything about your beliefs I listed what you have offered and other annoying educators/nazis.

Reading comprehension is your friend...

Quoting Anonymous:

You assumed I'm anti this and anti that with no basis to go off of, lol. Women ARE uneducated a lot of the time. What I said is true and is not an assumption. I see it on here all the time. Women say they had to stop bf for reasons that could have been fixed but they simply didn't know any better.

Quoting Anonymous:

I addressed your assumption that people aren't educated. If you read far enough you would have noticed that.

Quoting Anonymous:

First of all, I'm not ANTI hopital birth. I've had 3 hospital births. I'm not ANTI circumcision. My son IS circumcised. Not sure where on earth you got those assumptions from, but anyway, your reply has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have come to the conclusion, after working in pediatric nursing for a few years, that you and many breastfeeding/anti formula, anti hospital birthing, anti circumcision, nazis have ridiculous ideas about why some people choose differently than you. People aren't as uneducated about these things as you have been brainwashed to believe, especially when every l&d nurse i know and all the units I have ever been on have readily made it known that they will help you learn to help your baby latch on, supply a pump if need be and that lactation consultants are always available. I think you sanctimommies have no friggin clue.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm talking about women who really can bf but say they can't or are so uneducated about it that they could have overcome whatever obstacle they were facing. Like a women who stops bf for example, because her child has colic, when really, she could have just cut out dairy from her diet and the problem would have been solved.

Quoting Anonymous:

Or they would be given cow or goat milk as mothers in third world countries do who can't afford formula but are unable to BF.

Quoting Anonymous:

If formula didn't exist, a lot more women wouldn't be saying they couldn't bf..

MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Wow.

That......is so stupid
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:56 PM
This is true, but the original sandwich had to have been created by a man, because women are too dumb to have thought to put random ingredients between two slices of bread

Quoting winkyloafer:

They shouldn't even be told. What decent woman doesn't know when their man wants a sandwich?

Quoting Anonymous:

Without the man, who would have told the woman to make the sandwich?

Quoting winkyloafer:

Without the woman, the sandwich would not be.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wtf are you talking about? Men create sandwiches by telling the woman what he wants on it, women only make them

Quoting winkyloafer:

Because women don't belong elsewhere but the kitchen and should only be inventing sandwiches.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Stupid man coming up with a way for babies not to die. 

What an ass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)