Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pregnancy is not a disability!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
I totally hate it and it annoys me when pregnant women, say they cant cook, clean,do simple housework or even quit your retail sales job because you're pregnant. You're pregnant not disabled!!!! Unless your doctor told you or u have some sort of medical issues, i totally understand. But not if you're just lazy...
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I worked ft and exercised every morning until ds was born.  Go me!!  Then for the first year I couldn't cook, clean, do simple housework because he sucked the every living energy out of me. 

MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:24 PM

untill your on bed rest lol... but around my house that wasnt an exuse not to get things done either..

my husband works 12-16 hour days an at the time we had a 3 year old so I still had to get shit done lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:25 PM
What I don't understand why ppl who are pregnant dont get pretty like they usually do . I mean they start wearing pjs pants never taking time getting pretty. I don't understand.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lilcountrygrl86
by Amber on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM

For some women it is. Its an excuse to not have to do anything that they don't feel like doing.

Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I had to work through my whole pregnancy, oh the cruelty. Sigh. Lol I was at work at 6cm dilated. It happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I agree. Your pregnant, big whoop, quit acting like a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
s.osborne
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I was disgusted with myself when I was pregnant and abandoned so I really didn't care lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I couldn't do dishes or laundry because I'm short... Once my belly got big enough I couldn't even reach the faucet or get far enough in the washer to get the clothes out. :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Everybody's body handles pregnancy different.  While I agree that pregnancy isn't a disability if they can afford to quit their job because they are pregnant and don't want to work then I don't really care.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Well atleast you're understanding to medical issues. I felt very disabled when pregnant, for it was torture.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN