Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

11 years ago today, I took advantage of the safe haven law in my state *confession update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 140 Replies
3 moms liked this

My son was born in my apartment. It was just me, my younger sister, and my cousin who is two years older than me. I delivered a baby boy. He was around 6 pounds, we didn't have a proper scale so I don't know how much exactly. I don't know how far along I was when I delivered because I didn't have prenatal care and I didn't know I was pregnant for a while. I think I was around 36 weeks?

Anyway my cousin and I had come up with the plan to wrap him up and leave him at the fire station down the street. 

I was able to finish high school and become a RN. I wonder about that little boy every day.

Do you think I'm awful? 

Not even my husband knows about this. Only my little sister and cousin and me.

ETA

I really appreciate all the kind words people are giving me. I guess I expected to be bashed. It makes me uncomfortable though. People saying what a good thing I did. IDK I just wanted to get rid of the baby. I suppose from some people's point of view they think "thank God you didn't kill it" but really, I'm not a monster. I wouldn't kill a baby. 

IDK, I'm certainly not a hero to that little boy. I just wanted him gone, so I dropped him off at the fire station. At the time I didn't feel like I was doing him a huge favor. I wasn't really thinking about him at all, that's why I feel so bad now.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermomz25
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM
5 moms liked this

at least you took your baby to a safe place. I don't think you are awful at all.

CheesyKitty
How old were you?

The dad didn't know you were pregnant? No one knew?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
soon2bmomof3619
5 moms liked this

You made the right choice in your situation, at least you cared enough to make sure he was safe.

LaughingCheetah
1 mom liked this
It was your choice. No judgement. Better than you throwing the little guy in the trash can or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
two4one
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM

No, I don't think you are awful. I think you were desperate. And you left him someplace safe. I am sure he was adopted pretty quickly, babies usually are.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I applaud you for being smart enough to use the law and give the baby boy a life.  So many young moms panic and murder the baby. Do you know what happened to him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Doesn't seem awful. Sad, but not awful. At least you protected his life, and didn't put him in a dumpster or something else horrible.
kitchen.ninja
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I think you did the best thing in that situation.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting CheesyKitty:

How old were you?

The dad didn't know you were pregnant? No one knew?

No one knew. I was 17 at the time.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM

that probably happens more than people know. its better than alot of women out there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)