Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I'm going to Quit Smoking Marijuana..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Or at least stop for now..

I have been feeling down and depressed and been plain unproductive for quite awhile now. There is no reason for me to be depressed... my life is wonderful and I'm very fortunate for that. I just can't seem to get out of this funk.

I quit smoking marijuana a few years ago because I had to... and during that time I was much happier.. much more productive.. and I liked myself a lot more. When I could start smoking again, I did.. not daily.. but I smoked. For awhile it was fine.. but now that I'm in this awful rut, I feel like marijuana hold part of the blame. I like marijuana.. I believe it should be legalized.. but I think that smoking it routinely..every night.. for a long period of time has started to have negative effects on me.. just as using any sort of drug that often would.

It is going to be difficult.. because my husband does smoke and I have no intention of asking him to stop. But I don't think it should be too hard... since I have done it before, and really I'm just so sick of this stupid funk I am in... any change at all will be exciting for me.

Have you ever quit smoking marijuana after smoking for a long period of time?

How did it go?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM

it will save you money in the long run. My husband and I both quite 6 years ago when I got pregnant with our oldest. We save quite a bit of  money well he doesn because ive never had to pay for it lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

it will save you money in the long run. My husband and I both quite 6 years ago when I got pregnant with our oldest. We save quite a bit of  money well he doesn because ive never had to pay for it lol

Lol.. yes.. my husband does the buying as well. But I'm sure he'll save with one less person smoking :P.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:53 PM

untill he starts picking up extra smoking with extra staching sitting around lol...

We stoped at the same time because iwas pregnatn and he got a new job... He tells any one he knows that smokes they will save money if they quit lol.

Weve both not had craving for it an we both had been smoking multiple  years before we stoped lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Lol.. yes.. my husband does the buying as well. But I'm sure he'll save with one less person smoking :P.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Yeah, you should stop once you have kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I've quit a few times. When I was a teen, when I got pregnant and a couple months ago. I just wasn't feeling it anymore. I like it but I just felt so lazy after awhile and that brings me down. When I was preg dh even quit (we were 20) and all of his "friends" got so mad that he quit smoking and would constantly say things like he wasn't the one preg and such, but to him it wasn't like that. The whole time it was WE are pregnant, not just me :)

Just try to find something constructive to do when dh smokes. Who knows he may not like smoking without you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I've quit a few times. When I was a teen, when I got pregnant and a couple months ago. I just wasn't feeling it anymore. I like it but I just felt so lazy after awhile and that brings me down. When I was preg dh even quit (we were 20) and all of his "friends" got so mad that he quit smoking and would constantly say things like he wasn't the one preg and such, but to him it wasn't like that. The whole time it was WE are pregnant, not just me :)

Just try to find something constructive to do when dh smokes. Who knows he may not like smoking without you.

Aw.. that is cute :).. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up stopping as well, or at the very least smoke less.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN