Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

for those of you who 'pay' for people on welfare..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a question..If you work, taxes are taken out automatically. The taxes you pay go to government programs and what not. But, don't a lot of people get most of their taxes back? Plus if you claim dependents you get more out than you pay in. How are they paying for welfare families??
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Replies (141-150):
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Quoting wyattsmom2009:

You also pay for the elderly, the military and our government officials. Why don't you bitch about them??? Oh wait... you afraid you won't be protected anymore?

They provide a service for their pay.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Not really, we are getting a lot back and have never been on wellfare

Quoting Anonymous:

Mostly people on welfare are the ones who get all of theirs back (plus more)

Then you vastly overpaid.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Quoting TigOlBitties:

I hate when people complain that they "support" welfare families, when those same tax dollars fund our military, police, firefighters, libraries, construction, etc. Just give it a fucking rest! So people are hurting. Are you really jealous of a family getting back $10k in taxes when all they made for the year was $30k? That still only puts them at 40k for the year...which isn't shit!

I feel blessed that I don't literally need a tax return to make it thru, pay rent, or feed my family. Sure, some people abuse PA, but it isn't the majority. I would rather my taxes continue to assist the 95% of PA recipients that really and truly need it...even though that means that 5% of them are taking advantage. That's an OK percentage in my book. There's fraud in everything. Should we stop paying to have a military or a police force just because there are a few crooked cops? Think about it.

Military, et al. earn that money.  Welfare families are given extra just because they're poor.  I didn't realize poverty is a job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:04 PM
just because she can afford it doesn't make it OK...it's her money and its crappy because she gets a good amount..she's forced to support the welfare families. She earns it...

Quoting Anonymous:

Well Jesus, honey, I think you might be able to afford it!

Quoting Anonymous:

I paid $63,000 in taxes for last year. I pay for welfare families. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I never get what I have paid.  Government keeps it forever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM
They can choose to make less money. Plain and simple the lower wage jobs are more abundant and life is not always fair. We cant all make 6 figure incomes.

Quoting Anonymous:

If we had a flat tax rate, that would make sense, but we don't.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not punishment its simple math the more you make the more you pay.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh- well just because she can afford it means that she should have to pay that much while other people get 4 X's what they put in back? My parents pay almost 40% of their income in taxes. Is that fair?

I personally disagree with punishing people for being successful, but that's just me, I guess.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well Jesus, honey, I think you might be able to afford it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:07 PM
It's good to know that YOUR taxes only go to welfare and no other programs. *eye roll* give me a break.

Quoting Anonymous:

DonnaNoble
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Simply claiming a dependant doesn't mean you get more back than you paid in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Haha. We pay over 30k in taxes, hell no we don't get back most than we pay in. Thanks for the laugh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Wow, just Wow!!  That is 2 and a half times my paycheck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)