Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for those of you who 'pay' for people on welfare..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a question..If you work, taxes are taken out automatically. The taxes you pay go to government programs and what not. But, don't a lot of people get most of their taxes back? Plus if you claim dependents you get more out than you pay in. How are they paying for welfare families??
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Replies (151-160):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:09 PM

What service does the elderly give?

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting wyattsmom2009:

You also pay for the elderly, the military and our government officials. Why don't you bitch about them??? Oh wait... you afraid you won't be protected anymore?

They provide a service for their pay.

MrsErdos2011
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Taxes get taken out of the paycheck, after that it's not my concern where it goes as it is no longer my money. That would be like an employer dictating what you do with your paycheck because it's 'their' money.

waffa
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM

This just irritated me to read.

Tax refunds are for OVERPAYMENTS of taxes paid in, so that is how we taxpayers get a refund.

Exception would be for people who make less than 'X' a year and fall into poverty levels where they get it all back.

The majority of us give the gov't more than we should each month/check and they use it without any interest payments to us for that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a question..If you work, taxes are taken out automatically. The taxes you pay go to government programs and what not. But, don't a lot of people get most of their taxes back? Plus if you claim dependents you get more out than you pay in. How are they paying for welfare families??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beware! Thar be trolls in these here threads. wink

marilyn623
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Well to be fair they kind of do haha.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Lol...OP I suggest you branch out if you really think everyone gets more back then they pay in.

Where do you think that money comes from?? You think they just print it up and hand it out?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
finnbar
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM

this might surprise you, but a lot of people don't get everything back.  and no we don't make over $100,000, not even half that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
*sigh* As I have stated multiple times in this post, the fact that my taxes fund other programs does not negate the fact that they also fund welfare programs.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's good to know that YOUR taxes only go to welfare and no other programs. *eye roll* give me a break.

Quoting Anonymous:

I paid $63,000 in taxes for last year. I pay for welfare families. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:28 PM
I would be happy to pay for welfare if I was making enough to pay that much in taxes.

Quoting Anonymous:

I paid $63,000 in taxes for last year. I pay for welfare families. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:28 PM

See your point.  I make 15,000 a year, just separated from my husband. I am working on my bachelors degree to get a better job. I have one son. I do get food stamps, for $87 a month. That's all the PA I get. I do pay in taxes, and I got back 5,830 this year.

So am I technically paying for my own food stamps? lol

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What service does the elderly give?

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting wyattsmom2009:

You also pay for the elderly, the military and our government officials. Why don't you bitch about them??? Oh wait... you afraid you won't be protected anymore?

They provide a service for their pay.

I misspoke.  The elderly do not provide a service.  I think I glanced over that in the previous post.  That said, I don't think they should receive PA.  They've had their entire lives to save for the time they were no longer elgible to work.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Quoting waffa:

This just irritated me to read.

Tax refunds are for OVERPAYMENTS of taxes paid in, so that is how we taxpayers get a refund.

Exception would be for people who make less than 'X' a year and fall into poverty levels where they get it all back.

The majority of us give the gov't more than we should each month/check and they use it without any interest payments to us for that.

Quoting Anonymous:

These days, interest rates are comical. I'd rather a lump sum at the end of the year with no penalties.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured