Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

for those of you who 'pay' for people on welfare..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a question..If you work, taxes are taken out automatically. The taxes you pay go to government programs and what not. But, don't a lot of people get most of their taxes back? Plus if you claim dependents you get more out than you pay in. How are they paying for welfare families??
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Replies (161-170):
MamaPeanut
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
We claim 2 dependent and definitely do NOT get more than we pay in.

We owe again this year.

And I am 100% pro welfare reform. It should always be temporary.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luna091306
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM

This. I don't care what anyone say. Once it's handed to the government it is no longer our money, it's the government's money.

With that said, some people do pay taxes and get nothing back.

Quoting jillbailey26:

You (general) pay taxes.  That's it.  You have no control over where it goes.  You (again, general) don't pay for "welfare" families unless you whip out your card/cash when it's time to pay.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Luna091306
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. :)

Quoting soon2bmomof3619:

Even if the PA programs didn't exist I am sure the government would still take the same amount of money and just use it to fatten their wallets and upgrade their private jets. Shouldn't that be the realy issue? The outrageous salaries of the senators? Especially since it used to be a public duty that was performed for free.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM

My husband paid out 26k in federal taxes last year.  The biggest refund we ever got was 6900.  We are paying for people on PA and then some.  You get punished in this country for having a decent income, although six figures does not go far in NY.

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM
This. We paid 65k in federal on top of 32k to charity. We get nothing back during tax season. We pay for welfare families.

Quoting Anonymous:

I paid $63,000 in taxes for last year. I pay for welfare families. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
waffa
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting waffa:

This just irritated me to read.

Tax refunds are for OVERPAYMENTS of taxes paid in, so that is how we taxpayers get a refund.

Exception would be for people who make less than 'X' a year and fall into poverty levels where they get it all back.

The majority of us give the gov't more than we should each month/check and they use it without any interest payments to us for that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a question..If you work, taxes are taken out automatically. The taxes you pay go to government programs and what not. But, don't a lot of people get most of their taxes back? Plus if you claim dependents you get more out than you pay in. How are they paying for welfare families??

These days, interest rates are comical. I'd rather a lump sum at the end of the year with no penalties.

tru dat!

my preference would be flat rate % with no write offs for taxes no matter what your income is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beware! Thar be trolls in these here threads. wink

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:54 PM

My parents and grandparents struggled without any help from the government.  They never got back close to even what they ever paid out.  I am proud to say they never even thought of gettting PA, just worked more.  That is something to be proud of. They were not an entitled generation though, big difference.

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:55 PM

*facepalm*

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:57 PM

My husband gets 9K taken out of his taxes per MONTH. After 12 months of 9K we get back 9K in large part because of our 3 kids. 

So the math is this:  9KX12months=108K - 9k refund = 99000 in taxes paid to the government.   YES WE PAY FOR THE LAZY PEOPLE!

I however dont mind helping out those who are going through a rough patch but I do mind paying for lazy people who dont care to attempt to help themselves!

futureshock
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:57 PM

What makes you think you get more back than you pay in if you claim dependents?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)