Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

for those of you who 'pay' for people on welfare..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a question..If you work, taxes are taken out automatically. The taxes you pay go to government programs and what not. But, don't a lot of people get most of their taxes back? Plus if you claim dependents you get more out than you pay in. How are they paying for welfare families??
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

No, we don't get it all back and we've never got more out than we pay in... wouldn't that be welfare? We have dependants, but I guess since we can actually afford them we don't get any extra back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM
We make 6 figured and get nothing back. We pay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Not really, we are getting a lot back and have never been on wellfare

Quoting Anonymous:

Mostly people on welfare are the ones who get all of theirs back (plus more)

So you earn OVER 50K then right?

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:57 PM
That is what we pay too. It sucks
We r a family of 7(we pay for our inlaws too) I think we should all pay yhe same %. If u r below poverty I think they should pay less %. Thats it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh- well just because she can afford it means that she should have to pay that much while other people get 4 X's what they put in back? My parents pay almost 40% of their income in taxes. Is that fair?

I personally disagree with punishing people for being successful, but that's just me, I guess.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well Jesus, honey, I think you might be able to afford it!

Quoting Anonymous:

I paid $63,000 in taxes for last year. I pay for welfare families. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:57 PM
What does being able to afford it matter? I was just stating that I pay taxes, do not get a refund and a portion of my taxes goes to fund welfare. That portion adds up when I have paid between 60k and 100k for 14 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm just saying, you're complaining already about them being rich. Wouldn't it be worse if being rich was pretty much a requirement? Also, back when senators were volunteers, people cared about their country, even when it didn't directly affect them. How many people do you think would even be volunteering for the job nowadays if it didn't pay? Would you work a full time job for your country for free? I doubt it...

Quoting soon2bmomof3619:

It already is, you did just say most of them are rich anyways. I really don't think they need several hundred thousand a year.

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a senator is a full time job. It used to be performed for free by rich people with businesses that could run without them. I know most senators are rich anyways, but do you really want the country run by people born with a silver spoon in their mouths?

Quoting soon2bmomof3619:

Even if the PA programs didn't exist I am sure the government would still take the same amount of money and just use it to fatten their wallets and upgrade their private jets. Shouldn't that be the realy issue? The outrageous salaries of the senators? Especially since it used to be a public duty that was performed for free.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Between federal and state taxes, we pay over 40%. It does suck. Blah.

Quoting svolkov:

That is what we pay too. It sucks

We r a family of 7(we pay for our inlaws too) I think we should all pay yhe same %. If u r below poverty I think they should pay less %. Thats it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh- well just because she can afford it means that she should have to pay that much while other people get 4 X's what they put in back? My parents pay almost 40% of their income in taxes. Is that fair?

I personally disagree with punishing people for being successful, but that's just me, I guess.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

MamaRae85
by *you're on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Claiming dependants doesn't mean you get more back than you paid in. My husband and I claim our son, but our refund won't even be close to the amount of taxes we paid in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:59 PM

not eveyone gets more back then what they pay out. Some people are happy when they dont have to pay more taxes then they already did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:00 PM
We pay wayyyy more in then we get back. Paid in like 6500 in federal and are getting back $400 So no.

But I don't claim to support welfare families.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)