Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

for those of you who 'pay' for people on welfare..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a question..If you work, taxes are taken out automatically. The taxes you pay go to government programs and what not. But, don't a lot of people get most of their taxes back? Plus if you claim dependents you get more out than you pay in. How are they paying for welfare families??
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:01 PM
If the tables were turned? How do you know my history? There was a time I made $13, 000 a year as a teenager with two kids and I never utilized welfare.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm just saying, if the tables were turned, I'm sure most of you would've hopped on welfare right away.

Quoting owl0210:

So what it doesn't matter if she can afford it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well Jesus, honey, I think you might be able to afford it!

Quoting Anonymous:

I paid $63,000 in taxes for last year. I pay for welfare families. 

Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:01 PM

No, many people do not get tax overpayment back, and most people make sure they don't because they don't over pay in the first place.  If you get taxes back it's the same thing as going to McDonald's drive-thru, ordering a coke, then handing the guy a $100 bill and saying "keep the change til next year".

With my family's income we pay over $275,000 in taxes each year.  We have to file a return like a tome, and our tax guy is good so we normally do not get a refund of overpayment.  

In 2012 34% of the money paid in taxes went to social programs.  That means that my family paid $93, 500 last year into welfare. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this
The elderly have paid their dues already and are generally too old to work to support themselves, and the military and gov officials provide a service.

Quoting wyattsmom2009:

You also pay for the elderly, the military and our government officials. Why don't you bitch about them??? Oh wait... you afraid you won't be protected anymore?

SuperJo
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Exactly this. Ex-friggin'-actly this.

Quoting soon2bmomof3619:

Even if the PA programs didn't exist I am sure the government would still take the same amount of money and just use it to fatten their wallets and upgrade their private jets. Shouldn't that be the realy issue? The outrageous salaries of the senators? Especially since it used to be a public duty that was performed for free.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM
People complain about paying taxes, but I'd love to hear what they'd have to say if what their taxes paid for stopped getting the tax money. Welfare is a small part of where the money goes, a very small part.
SillySally83
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

For the first time we aren't getting anything back this year, last year we got 5k back but had only paid in 3k. I'm sooooooo happy we're not getting anything back this year, its a sign of improvement financially and proves to me that what we're earning is livable (even if budgeting sucks balls) and we're finally no longer considered "poor". 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Well we don't get any taxes back, and we have paid in at least 40k last year soooooooooo....
LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Lol...OP I suggest you branch out if you really think everyone gets more back then they pay in.

Where do you think that money comes from?? You think they just print it up and hand it out?
SillySally83
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

No thank you! I like well maintained roads, police, EMS, firemen, the space program, medical research, scientific research and education.

Quoting Anonymous:

People complain about paying taxes, but I'd love to hear what they'd have to say if what their taxes paid for stopped getting the tax money. Welfare is a small part of where the money goes, a very small part.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Some people do get their money back. Some get more. We don't. We pay thousands of dollars every year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN