Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

for those of you who 'pay' for people on welfare..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a question..If you work, taxes are taken out automatically. The taxes you pay go to government programs and what not. But, don't a lot of people get most of their taxes back? Plus if you claim dependents you get more out than you pay in. How are they paying for welfare families??
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:05 PM
But this is where the majority of tax money is going, plus roads and libraries and post offices, the fda, the cdc, farmers, police, firemen, other government agencies and the nice fat pockets of politicians. Welfare is a very small part of where tax money goes.

Quoting Anonymous:

The elderly have paid their dues already and are generally too old to work to support themselves, and the military and gov officials provide a service.

Quoting wyattsmom2009:

You also pay for the elderly, the military and our government officials. Why don't you bitch about them??? Oh wait... you afraid you won't be protected anymore?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Exactly

Quoting SillySally83:

No thank you! I like well maintained roads, police, EMS, firemen, the space program, medical research, scientific research and education.

Quoting Anonymous:

People complain about paying taxes, but I'd love to hear what they'd have to say if what their taxes paid for stopped getting the tax money. Welfare is a small part of where the money goes, a very small part.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Well good for you...you win the number one American prize. Some people don't have anywhere else to turn in a situation like that, while you obviously did.

Quoting Anonymous:

If the tables were turned? How do you know my history? There was a time I made $13, 000 a year as a teenager with two kids and I never utilized welfare.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm just saying, if the tables were turned, I'm sure most of you would've hopped on welfare right away.

Quoting owl0210:

So what it doesn't matter if she can afford it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well Jesus, honey, I think you might be able to afford it!

Quoting Anonymous:

I paid $63,000 in taxes for last year. I pay for welfare families. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM
You are aware that only a very minute portion of your taxes actually goes towards "welfare families", yes? Do you know where your taxes go?

Quoting Anonymous:

DebnDrew
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I am a small business. I make no profit as of yet, and pay into the system, getting nothing back. Please count me as one who "pays" for those on PA.

Kitschy
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM

No I don't get my taxes back. Where do you think the government gets it revenue from?

TigOlBitties
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM
I hate when people complain that they "support" welfare families, when those same tax dollars fund our military, police, firefighters, libraries, construction, etc. Just give it a fucking rest! So people are hurting. Are you really jealous of a family getting back $10k in taxes when all they made for the year was $30k? That still only puts them at 40k for the year...which isn't shit!

I feel blessed that I don't literally need a tax return to make it thru, pay rent, or feed my family. Sure, some people abuse PA, but it isn't the majority. I would rather my taxes continue to assist the 95% of PA recipients that really and truly need it...even though that means that 5% of them are taking advantage. That's an OK percentage in my book. There's fraud in everything. Should we stop paying to have a military or a police force just because there are a few crooked cops? Think about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Or maybe you helped pave a road, or provide police and firemen, or fund these expensive wars, or the post office, or the FDA, or the CDC, or the FBI, or department of homeland security, or the 200,000-400,000++ yearly salary of our wonderful lovely politicians or the pension plans of retired politicians??

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Actually about 14% of your taxes go to public assistance programs and 21% roughly to public medical programs.

That means out of what my family paid this year roughly 10,000$ goes to those combined programs. Over $4000 this year just to public assistance. That is a lot if money that we worked hard for.

Quoting Anonymous:

People complain about paying taxes, but I'd love to hear what they'd have to say if what their taxes paid for stopped getting the tax money. Welfare is a small part of where the money goes, a very small part.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Only about 47% of  people get their taxes back. The rest of us pay to make up the difference. Not all of us qualify for EIC or get to claim multiple dependents. Some only have one child, some have adult children, not all of us get to claim the same deductions and credits.  So those of us who pay in and do not get back what we paid in much less more, are paying for welfare families right along with other government services.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)