Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So embarrassed.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DS is 4yo. I just started to teach him what is healthy(to eat), and what is not. He never been in a fast food restaurants before, but saw his cousins eating it a lot. I explained to him that's this is unhealthy food, and we don't eat it. He was fine with it. 

Today I didn't have time to cook anything at home, we were outside the whole day, so I decided to buy him Burger King that once. We went to BK and there was this really fat cashier, she asked what we wanted to eat. My DS looked at her and said:"Mommy that lady is really fat, is it because she eat a lot burgers?".I didn't know what to do or say. I was so Embarrassed. I run out of BK and started to explain to him that its not nice to call people fat. He replied:"But Mommy she WAS fat.What do we call fat people? I didn't really knew what to say.

What should we call fat people? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Replies (101-110):
Scarllet
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Omg that is so cute. I love that children are so real. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Thanks. )))

Quoting Scarllet:

Omg that is so cute. I love that children are so real. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Hahaha )))

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol my friends daughter is three and a couple weeks ago she took her to the grocery store. There was a rather large lady in the deli department wearing black pants and a white jacket with black stripes. Her daughter started laughing uncontrollably and actually freaking mooing at this lady. That week at school the older kids had put on an afternoon play about farm life and animals. I guess the kid thought this lady was dressed as a cow. My friend was so embarrassed she left her cart full of stuff and drug her laughing , mooing toddler out of the store.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Fat IS a descriptive word. I would just explain it's not nice to say that to people's faces which is what I told my children

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I did. Thanks. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Fat IS a descriptive word. I would just explain it's not nice to say that to people's faces which is what I told my children

Ameretto13
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:45 PM

OK, Mama, I'm sorry but I loled! That was too precious! He wasn't trying to insulted her, he was trying to understand what made her that big... I've had my kids do something similar... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Child: "Mommy, that lady is fat."
You: "I'm so sorry for my child's rude behavior. Please don't take his rudeness personally. We don't raise him to be rude."

In the car: "Yes, she was very large. Fat people are people, too, and being fat doesn't mean someone is bad or stupid. People come in all sizes. However, it is NOT nice to comment on someone's body, ever. Please don't do it again. If you want to talk about something that concerns you, wait until we are in private."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Some women in here a CRAZY. :-))))

Quoting Ameretto13:

OK, Mama, I'm sorry but I loled! That was too precious! He wasn't trying to insulted her, he was trying to understand what made her that big... I've had my kids do something similar... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM

High five for raising bullies! Go you! There is a difference between speaking your mind and being rude and down right mean. They won't be walked on by people because they will be trampling on the people who are different from them. You say it's not your problem but children raised to be rude jerks are a direct reflection of the parents who raised them.

Quoting ajrjj05:

I do, but if my kids say it and they are fat that isn't my problem!
we come from a famliy that keeps our weights at a healthy level. We eat right, we exercise. I can't control what or how bigger people do things. Not my fault they are fat. My kids are thaught to speak there minds! They will not be walked on but someone. So yes they speak how they feel. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe people like you should teach their children's manners.

Quoting ajrjj05:

I wouldn't of ran out. Maybe she should lose weight seeing kids see her as fat.

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I teach my kids to say Maam or Sir to people... regardless of color, weight, age, etc..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)