Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So embarrassed.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DS is 4yo. I just started to teach him what is healthy(to eat), and what is not. He never been in a fast food restaurants before, but saw his cousins eating it a lot. I explained to him that's this is unhealthy food, and we don't eat it. He was fine with it. 

Today I didn't have time to cook anything at home, we were outside the whole day, so I decided to buy him Burger King that once. We went to BK and there was this really fat cashier, she asked what we wanted to eat. My DS looked at her and said:"Mommy that lady is really fat, is it because she eat a lot burgers?".I didn't know what to do or say. I was so Embarrassed. I run out of BK and started to explain to him that its not nice to call people fat. He replied:"But Mommy she WAS fat.What do we call fat people? I didn't really knew what to say.

What should we call fat people? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Replies (111-120):
Ameretto13
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Mama, there is NOTHING to be embarrassed about! EVERY child says things at some point in their little lives that embarrasses their parent(s)... You're raising your little guy right. Just remember, children don't have the filter that adults have when it comes to saying/asking things. You were right in explaining to him that fast food is bad for you and that he shouldn't eat it. Along with that though, comes the need to explain that not everyone is "Fat" because of fast food, lol.

I just posted something in a group that you should read. Message me and I'll send you the link. I had to handle a very similar situation with my dd and had my mom's help... But, children can be inspiring too. My dd inspired me in ways that no one else has been able to. :D

Don't be embarrassed Mama and don't listen to the bishes on here who are going to bash you for something that isn't your fault! Encouraging your child to have healthy eating habits and promoting being healthy is a FANTASTIC thing for you to do. Obesity is a HUGE problem in the U.S.A and there is NO reason for it! Americans just don't understand moderation, portion control, or anything healthy really, and get PISSED because their children are overweight, unhealthy and all around miserable!

So, chin up Mama and GO YOU

Quoting Anonymous:

Some women in here a CRAZY. :-))))

Quoting Ameretto13:

OK, Mama, I'm sorry but I loled! That was too precious! He wasn't trying to insulted her, he was trying to understand what made her that big... I've had my kids do something similar... 

one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know....but you're all kinds of a hypocrite ---- you said you don't eat unhealthy food, and then you take him to Burger King.

Don't drill it into your child's head that fast food is bad and unhealthy....and then him them there to eat.  

As far as your question.....what do you call skinny people?  Does your child go around saying "That person is really skinny!" ????  Just tell your child that commenting on a person''s physical size is not appropriate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Thank you. The voice of reason. :-)))

Quoting Ameretto13:

Mama, there is NOTHING to be embarrassed about! EVERY child says things at some point in their little lives that embarrasses their parent(s)... You're raising your little guy right. Just remember, children don't have the filter that adults have when it comes to saying/asking things. You were right in explaining to him that fast food is bad for you and that he shouldn't eat it. Along with that though, comes the need to explain that not everyone is "Fat" because of fast food, lol.

I just posted something in a group that you should read. Message me and I'll send you the link. I had to handle a very similar situation with my dd and had my mom's help... But, children can be inspiring too. My dd inspired me in ways that no one else has been able to. :D

Don't be embarrassed Mama and don't listen to the bishes on here who are going to bash you for something that isn't your fault! Encouraging your child to have healthy eating habits and promoting being healthy is a FANTASTIC thing for you to do. Obesity is a HUGE problem in the U.S.A and there is NO reason for it! Americans just don't understand moderation, portion control, or anything healthy really, and get PISSED because their children are overweight, unhealthy and all around miserable!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Ameretto13:

OK, Mama, I'm sorry but I loled! That was too precious! He wasn't trying to insulted her, he was trying to understand what made her that big... I've had my kids do something similar... 

Ameretto13
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Not so much a voice of reason, Mama. Just someone who knows how it feels and has been, there done that and knows she isn't the only one in the world. Everyone goes through it, whether they want to admit to it or not. I'm not one of those "my shit don't stink. My family is perfect. My kids never say/do embarrassing things because they are perfect little soldiers that do what they're told, when they're told." kind of people. I am human and so are my children. We say/do embarrassing things and have to figure out how to deal with them. Never, ever be embarrassed for your son and his curiousness. Just remember, when he does say/do something embarrassing that could potentially hurt someone's feelings, apologize right then and have him apologize too. Then take him aside and explain things to him and why that was mean. Don't punish him the first time, try to teach him first. If he doesn't listen and does it again, then yeah, punish him... But don't ever punish him out of frustration or anger... It's never effective when you do. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you. The voice of reason. :-)))

Quoting Ameretto13:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Ameretto13:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:00 PM

You teach your kid to eat healthy, but you dont teach him proper social manners?  Tactful...very tactful.

You call the cashier by his/her name...Not by their appearance. Perhaps this person was actually pregnant?  If she was overweight, its not always due to food....try teaching him that while healthy eating maintains good health, sometimes medical issues cause a person to be overweight. 

(sigh)

ajrjj05
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Actually my kids are far from bullies, they have LOTS of respect. They don't put up with others shit!. 

There is a reason my son got detention four days into the school year, that is because he hit the person that was giving him shit for over a year. Bully?! NOPE!  Just tired of that kids shit. This same kid has been hit by 5 different children at the school since my son hit him. That just shows it is that child not mine. 

Other then that my kids don't get in trouble at all, they are actually really quiet kids. 

They wouldn't just call someone fat, but if they did there is a reason! So get over it 

Quoting Anonymous:

*sigh* and we wonder where bullies come from....

Quoting ajrjj05:

I do, but if my kids say it and they are fat that isn't my problem!
we come from a famliy that keeps our weights at a healthy level. We eat right, we exercise. I can't control what or how bigger people do things. Not my fault they are fat. My kids are thaught to speak there minds! They will not be walked on but someone. So yes they speak how they feel. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe people like you should teach their children's manners.

Quoting ajrjj05:

I wouldn't of ran out. Maybe she should lose weight seeing kids see her as fat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:56 PM

So you think that using your fists is the proper way to resolve conflict?  You seem proud of a violent response.  Nice.  

Quoting ajrjj05:

Actually my kids are far from bullies, they have LOTS of respect. They don't put up with others shit!. 

There is a reason my son got detention four days into the school year, that is because he hit the person that was giving him shit for over a year. Bully?! NOPE!  Just tired of that kids shit. This same kid has been hit by 5 different children at the school since my son hit him. That just shows it is that child not mine. 

Other then that my kids don't get in trouble at all, they are actually really quiet kids. 

They wouldn't just call someone fat, but if they did there is a reason! So get over it 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

we come from a famliy that keeps our weights at a healthy level. We eat right, we exercise. I can't control what or how bigger people do things. Not my fault they are fat. My kids are thaught to speak there minds! They will not be walked on but someone. So yes they speak how they feel. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM

teach him manners

LDennany
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I usually like to be called by my name or human. I may be fat and all but I'm still human. :/. Such a silly question. What do we call fat people?

Bah! Gee....I just don't know. *smh*.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ajrjj05
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I am proud cause he put up with this kids shit for a year, this kid went as far as saying stuff about my son ((I will keep that private!!!)) and telling him that his mom (me) fucks niggers. He was saying stuff from the year before too. My son had enough, one good punch isn't going to hurt anyone. He hit him on the shoulder, so what! Since then the kid has been knocked out by another kid and hit a few times by others. The kid runs his month but can't back himself up. So let me ask you if someone said horrible things to your child and then said you fuck niggers (we don't use that word!) Your son would just stand there? Your son is a pansy!

We went to the school all year, last year. My son is up at the highschool now and he started the year warning others not to fuck with him. That isn't a stupid move at all.

Children need to defend themselves in today's world.

I don't pay for karate lessons for nothing :) Self defense, even his karate shin chan said my son was in the rights.

This post got way off.

Yes my kids have manner (what the post is about), my children wouldn't call others fat unless they deserved it. OP son didn't know, but no reason to be embarrassed. My comment was more about why the cashier didn't speak up to him, and politely tell him that wasn't nice.  

Quoting Anonymous:

So you think that using your fists is the proper way to resolve conflict?  You seem proud of a violent response.  Nice.  

Quoting ajrjj05:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)