Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So embarrassed.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DS is 4yo. I just started to teach him what is healthy(to eat), and what is not. He never been in a fast food restaurants before, but saw his cousins eating it a lot. I explained to him that's this is unhealthy food, and we don't eat it. He was fine with it. 

Today I didn't have time to cook anything at home, we were outside the whole day, so I decided to buy him Burger King that once. We went to BK and there was this really fat cashier, she asked what we wanted to eat. My DS looked at her and said:"Mommy that lady is really fat, is it because she eat a lot burgers?".I didn't know what to do or say. I was so Embarrassed. I run out of BK and started to explain to him that its not nice to call people fat. He replied:"But Mommy she WAS fat.What do we call fat people? I didn't really knew what to say.

What should we call fat people? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Replies (121-128):
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM

m'am or sir, people, their name ....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM

You did the right thing by explaining to him that it was not nice to call the lady fat.  He should refer to a person as the lady / man, or person to be on the safe side incase you really cannot tell if it's a he or she.  Sometimes our kids will blurt out things unexpectedly that we never thought would cross their mind.  Teaching manners while young is always best because it won't be tolerated when he is older and it is no longer cute.

When my youngest son was 3 years old, I would take him to the corner store with me while I buy milk , juice, gas.  The store is owned by an Indian family of the Sikh (sp?) religion, the men wear turbans.  Very nice family, two brothers who married two sisters and run the store.  Anyhoo, the one guy Dave was out pumping gas, with his brother.  My 3 year old got super excited ran into the store and told one of the ladies that was running the inside of the store that there were two Dave's outside pumping gas.  Apparently my son thought that every man who wore a turban's name was Dave.  It was extremely embarrassing, but the lady who's husband was out helping Dave laughed and didn't take offense. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I have to ask and I know I will regret it...

You are the parent.  What did you do to stop this bullying over the course of a full year?

Speak to the principle?

Speak to the school department?

Speak to the other child's parents?

Speak to the police?

Move your child out of the emotional harm by home schooling or transferring to a private school?

The child isn't supposed to have to take care of this themselves.  If they are suffering emotional abuse it was YOUR responsibility to stop it.  You just make it sound like you were shirking your responsibility so your poor son had to do it for you. 

And no, my son never had to deal with this.  I sent my son to a private school where he was a merit scholar and graduated at 16.  He's a married, Veterinarian now.

Quoting ajrjj05:

I am proud cause he put up with this kids shit for a year, this kid went as far as saying stuff about my son ((I will keep that private!!!)) and telling him that his mom (me) fucks niggers. He was saying stuff from the year before too. My son had enough, one good punch isn't going to hurt anyone. He hit him on the shoulder, so what! Since then the kid has been knocked out by another kid and hit a few times by others. The kid runs his month but can't back himself up. So let me ask you if someone said horrible things to your child and then said you fuck niggers (we don't use that word!) Your son would just stand there? Your son is a pansy!

We went to the school all year, last year. My son is up at the highschool now and he started the year warning others not to fuck with him. That isn't a stupid move at all.

Children need to defend themselves in today's world.

I don't pay for karate lessons for nothing :) Self defense, even his karate shin chan said my son was in the rights.

This post got way off.

Yes my kids have manner (what the post is about), my children wouldn't call others fat unless they deserved it. OP son didn't know, but no reason to be embarrassed. My comment was more about why the cashier didn't speak up to him, and politely tell him that wasn't nice.  

Quoting Anonymous:

So you think that using your fists is the proper way to resolve conflict?  You seem proud of a violent response.  Nice.  

Quoting ajrjj05:

Actually my kids are far from bullies, they have LOTS of respect. They don't put up with others shit!. 

There is a reason my son got detention four days into the school year, that is because he hit the person that was giving him shit for over a year. Bully?! NOPE!  Just tired of that kids shit. This same kid has been hit by 5 different children at the school since my son hit him. That just shows it is that child not mine. 

Other then that my kids don't get in trouble at all, they are actually really quiet kids. 

They wouldn't just call someone fat, but if they did there is a reason! So get over it 

Quoting Anonymous:

*sigh* and we wonder where bullies come from....

Quoting ajrjj05:

I do, but if my kids say it and they are fat that isn't my problem!
we come from a famliy that keeps our weights at a healthy level. We eat right, we exercise. I can't control what or how bigger people do things. Not my fault they are fat. My kids are thaught to speak there minds! They will not be walked on but someone. So yes they speak how they feel. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe people like you should teach their children's manners.

Quoting ajrjj05:

I wouldn't of ran out. Maybe she should lose weight seeing kids see her as fat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM
:-)

Quoting Anonymous:

You did the right thing by explaining to him that it was not nice to call the lady fat.  He should refer to a person as the lady / man, or person to be on the safe side incase you really cannot tell if it's a he or she.  Sometimes our kids will blurt out things unexpectedly that we never thought would cross their mind.  Teaching manners while young is always best because it won't be tolerated when he is older and it is no longer cute.

When my youngest son was 3 years old, I would take him to the corner store with me while I buy milk , juice, gas.  The store is owned by an Indian family of the Sikh (sp?) religion, the men wear turbans.  Very nice family, two brothers who married two sisters and run the store.  Anyhoo, the one guy Dave was out pumping gas, with his brother.  My 3 year old got super excited ran into the store and told one of the ladies that was running the inside of the store that there were two Dave's outside pumping gas.  Apparently my son thought that every man who wore a turban's name was Dave.  It was extremely embarrassing, but the lady who's husband was out helping Dave laughed and didn't take offense. 

ajrjj05
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

You are the parent.  What did you do to stop this bullying over the course of a full year?  yes I am the parent. I did alot, called teachers went to the head of the school, They even did a feild trip that required a weeks stay away from home. I requested my son and this other boy not to be paired in the same room or groups that week.  

Speak to the principle? many times, the princpal was well aware of this child at the old school, when the fight happened up the new one the pricapal up there was aware as the information was passsed up there to them cause I asked for it to be. 

Speak to the school department? teacher, princapal, office staff, I would say so

Speak to the other child's parents?Actually yeah! I went right into his fathers work at the convincence store and conforted him while he didn't have customers. He just like whatever, he didn't care!. After my son finally hit him I went in there again and asked him if his son is done with his shit. The father again acted like he didn't care and said "well I hope so" this child is a child with a family of 6. I also sent a message via email and facebook to the dad, only to get no respounse. The mom is just as useless!

Speak to the police? inless hitting actually happens the police don't do much about bullying for name calling. 

Move your child out of the emotional harm by home schooling or transferring to a private school? why should my child be moved cause of a punk?! No of course not, we don't homeschool, and private school, NO!. why should I spend $7000 a year when my child has issues with no one else but this one child. My son is pretty popular except this one child, who harrassed all the kids not just my son. I am not removing my son from his friends when it is clearly the other child. 

The child isn't supposed to have to take care of this themselves.  If they are suffering emotional abuse it was YOUR responsibility to stop it.  You just make it sound like you were shirking your responsibility so your poor son had to do it for you.  I did take care of it, but a 12 yr boy doens't want MOMMY! handling his problems. I did try to speak to the child when this first started and my son told my I embrassed him and he can handle it on his own. So that is what I did, he handled it, since the hit on the shoulder my son hasn't had one issue with this boy. In fact the boy even has tried to call here to be his friend. He will talk to him quickly just to be nice but other then that he doesn't like him. 

And no, my son never had to deal with this.  I sent my son to a private school where he was a merit scholar and graduated at 16.  He's a married, Veterinarian now. Glad your son turned out great!! My son is a honor student, and like I said NEVER! gets in trouble. This was his frist fight. My son enjoys his PUBLIC school and his friends. He is doing a great job. That kid no longer says stuff to him and my son has a great deal of friends. My son plans to go to college to design video games :)

Anything eles ask?! but yes there has to be a snapping point. The princapal at the new school is aware of this child, who is a trouble maker, who has gotten in 5 other fights since my son. The problem clearly is not my child. I woudln't let my son be a bully, I don't beleive in that. He even admited to me he feels bad for that kid cause everyone bullies him cause of his actions and mouth. He has a a mount but can't back it up, and his parents clearly don't care!

Quoting ajrjj05:

I am proud cause he put up with this kids shit for a year, this kid went as far as saying stuff about my son ((I will keep that private!!!)) and telling him that his mom (me) fucks niggers. He was saying stuff from the year before too. My son had enough, one good punch isn't going to hurt anyone. He hit him on the shoulder, so what! Since then the kid has been knocked out by another kid and hit a few times by others. The kid runs his month but can't back himself up. So let me ask you if someone said horrible things to your child and then said you fuck niggers (we don't use that word!) Your son would just stand there? Your son is a pansy!

We went to the school all year, last year. My son is up at the highschool now and he started the year warning others not to fuck with him. That isn't a stupid move at all.

I don't pay for karate lessons for nothing :) Self defense, even his karate shin chan said my son was in the rights.

This post got way off.

Yes my kids have manner (what the post is about), my children wouldn't call others fat unless they deserved it. OP son didn't know, but no reason to be embarrassed. My comment was more about why the cashier didn't speak up to him, and politely tell him that wasn't nice.  

Quoting Anonymous:

So you think that using your fists is the proper way to resolve conflict?  You seem proud of a violent response.  Nice.  

Quoting ajrjj05:

Actually my kids are far from bullies, they have LOTS of respect. They don't put up with others shit!. 

There is a reason my son got detention four days into the school year, that is because he hit the person that was giving him shit for over a year. Bully?! NOPE!  Just tired of that kids shit. This same kid has been hit by 5 different children at the school since my son hit him. That just shows it is that child not mine. 

Other then that my kids don't get in trouble at all, they are actually really quiet kids. 

They wouldn't just call someone fat, but if they did there is a reason! So get over it 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

we come from a famliy that keeps our weights at a healthy level. We eat right, we exercise. I can't control what or how bigger people do things. Not my fault they are fat. My kids are thaught to speak there minds! They will not be walked on but someone. So yes they speak how they feel. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Just two points:

1. The "school department" refered to was not people within your son's school.  The school department includes the superintendent of schools for the area.  It can also include the Dept of Student Support Services and the Chief of Staff for the area.
  2. If I were a child, I would not ask "mommy" to help either if all she did were call people "pansies" and other horrible terms if they don't physically attack others.
Quoting ajrjj05:

Quoting Anonymous:

You are the parent.  What did you do to stop this bullying over the course of a full year?  yes I am the parent. I did alot, called teachers went to the head of the school, They even did a feild trip that required a weeks stay away from home. I requested my son and this other boy not to be paired in the same room or groups that week.  

Speak to the principle? many times, the princpal was well aware of this child at the old school, when the fight happened up the new one the pricapal up there was aware as the information was passsed up there to them cause I asked for it to be. 

Speak to the school department? teacher, princapal, office staff, I would say so

Speak to the other child's parents?Actually yeah! I went right into his fathers work at the convincence store and conforted him while he didn't have customers. He just like whatever, he didn't care!. After my son finally hit him I went in there again and asked him if his son is done with his shit. The father again acted like he didn't care and said "well I hope so" this child is a child with a family of 6. I also sent a message via email and facebook to the dad, only to get no respounse. The mom is just as useless!

Speak to the police? inless hitting actually happens the police don't do much about bullying for name calling. 

Move your child out of the emotional harm by home schooling or transferring to a private school? why should my child be moved cause of a punk?! No of course not, we don't homeschool, and private school, NO!. why should I spend $7000 a year when my child has issues with no one else but this one child. My son is pretty popular except this one child, who harrassed all the kids not just my son. I am not removing my son from his friends when it is clearly the other child. 

The child isn't supposed to have to take care of this themselves.  If they are suffering emotional abuse it was YOUR responsibility to stop it.  You just make it sound like you were shirking your responsibility so your poor son had to do it for you.  I did take care of it, but a 12 yr boy doens't want MOMMY! handling his problems. I did try to speak to the child when this first started and my son told my I embrassed him and he can handle it on his own. So that is what I did, he handled it, since the hit on the shoulder my son hasn't had one issue with this boy. In fact the boy even has tried to call here to be his friend. He will talk to him quickly just to be nice but other then that he doesn't like him. 

And no, my son never had to deal with this.  I sent my son to a private school where he was a merit scholar and graduated at 16.  He's a married, Veterinarian now. Glad your son turned out great!! My son is a honor student, and like I said NEVER! gets in trouble. This was his frist fight. My son enjoys his PUBLIC school and his friends. He is doing a great job. That kid no longer says stuff to him and my son has a great deal of friends. My son plans to go to college to design video games :)

Anything eles ask?! but yes there has to be a snapping point. The princapal at the new school is aware of this child, who is a trouble maker, who has gotten in 5 other fights since my son. The problem clearly is not my child. I woudln't let my son be a bully, I don't beleive in that. He even admited to me he feels bad for that kid cause everyone bullies him cause of his actions and mouth. He has a a mount but can't back it up, and his parents clearly don't care!

Quoting ajrjj05:

This post got way off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

ajrjj05
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

lady what are you talking about! He had problems at one school, the elementary where I met with everyone there. When he went up the middle school-high school I spoke to everyone there. I was brought up to fight for myself! and guess what my son did what he needed to do. I did what I could but the kid didn't seem to mind the school even. I am not going to tell you what is right or wrong for you child, don't tell me about mine!! End of conversation. :) Have a good day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just two points:

1. The "school department" refered to was not people within your son's school.  The school department includes the superintendent of schools for the area.  It can also include the Dept of Student Support Services and the Chief of Staff for the area.
  2. If I were a child, I would not ask "mommy" to help either if all she did were call people "pansies" and other horrible terms if they don't physically attack others.
Quoting ajrjj05:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

This post got way off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

brebugmom91
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:03 PM
You're disgusting!!! I have nothing else to say that will keep me on CM.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured