Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So embarrassed.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DS is 4yo. I just started to teach him what is healthy(to eat), and what is not. He never been in a fast food restaurants before, but saw his cousins eating it a lot. I explained to him that's this is unhealthy food, and we don't eat it. He was fine with it. 

Today I didn't have time to cook anything at home, we were outside the whole day, so I decided to buy him Burger King that once. We went to BK and there was this really fat cashier, she asked what we wanted to eat. My DS looked at her and said:"Mommy that lady is really fat, is it because she eat a lot burgers?".I didn't know what to do or say. I was so Embarrassed. I run out of BK and started to explain to him that its not nice to call people fat. He replied:"But Mommy she WAS fat.What do we call fat people? I didn't really knew what to say.

What should we call fat people? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Well assholes raise assholes.
ttriddick
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Why do you keep thinking its funny when rude responses are posted and finding an excuse for the good answers? Did he get that from you? It is NOT OK to call people fat. And its not funny. That's bully behavior.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Thanks. I'm sure he'll start eating junk food once he is older, but as of right now, I'm glad he doesn't. 

Quoting ajrjj05:

See he is a smart kid :) 

My kids have called others bigger and I just brush it off like I didn't hear it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I didnt really knew what to say. :) My DS did say that he doesn't want to eat there anymore. 

Quoting ajrjj05:

I wouldn't of ran out. Maybe she should lose weight seeing kids see her as fat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
He clearly got that from his mother.

Quoting ttriddick:

Why do you keep thinking its funny when rude responses are posted and finding an excuse for the good answers? Did he get that from you? It is NOT OK to call people fat. And its not funny. That's bully behavior.

ajrjj05
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I do, but if my kids say it and they are fat that isn't my problem!
we come from a famliy that keeps our weights at a healthy level. We eat right, we exercise. I can't control what or how bigger people do things. Not my fault they are fat. My kids are thaught to speak there minds! They will not be walked on but someone. So yes they speak how they feel. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe people like you should teach their children's manners.

Quoting ajrjj05:

I wouldn't of ran out. Maybe she should lose weight seeing kids see her as fat.

nelliesmommy
by prettyandpierced on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM

lol, that's funny.

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM
If a person is fat, they're fat. If they're skinny they're skinny.

Quoting ttriddick:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:59 PM
How? My son won't be 3 until the end of March and knows that he shouldn't hurt others feelings.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was not mad at him. I just tried to explain that you can not call people fat. He didn't really understasnd why, maybe he is just too yong to understand?! 

Quoting Anonymous:

He can say that lady or something. I wouldn't be mad at him, they don't know any better. Kids always say the hard truth.

Quoting Anonymous:

He can't read yet. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Fatty lol jk

Umm by their name show him not to label people by their appearance.

JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Because you said you were outside allll day...that's why you couldn't cook. Im in MD, your neighbor state..and its cold as balls here. Couldn't imagine a four year old being out alllll day....I believe you are trolling, and trying to make fun of others by proxy (through an innocent child.. ).

Quoting Anonymous:

PA, how is this relevant???

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Where do you live...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Who gave you any right to call me and my kids names. My DS is 4yo, he doesn't know any better yet, but I'm sure you are not 4, so there is no excuse for you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well assholes raise assholes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)