Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So embarrassed.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DS is 4yo. I just started to teach him what is healthy(to eat), and what is not. He never been in a fast food restaurants before, but saw his cousins eating it a lot. I explained to him that's this is unhealthy food, and we don't eat it. He was fine with it. 

Today I didn't have time to cook anything at home, we were outside the whole day, so I decided to buy him Burger King that once. We went to BK and there was this really fat cashier, she asked what we wanted to eat. My DS looked at her and said:"Mommy that lady is really fat, is it because she eat a lot burgers?".I didn't know what to do or say. I was so Embarrassed. I run out of BK and started to explain to him that its not nice to call people fat. He replied:"But Mommy she WAS fat.What do we call fat people? I didn't really knew what to say.

What should we call fat people? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Most likely he doesn't. I still havent been there with ds he's only 2 but when he starts talking I know he will say the darnest things.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was not mad at him. I just tried to explain that you can not call people fat. He didn't really understasnd why, maybe he is just too yong to understand?! 

Quoting Anonymous:

He can say that lady or something. I wouldn't be mad at him, they don't know any better. Kids always say the hard truth.

Quoting Anonymous:

He can't read yet. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Fatty lol jk

Umm by their name show him not to label people by their appearance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Okay, makes sense. Children can't be taught manners when their own parents haven't been taught them as of yet.

Quoting ajrjj05:

I do, but if my kids say it and they are fat that isn't my problem!
we come from a famliy that keeps our weights at a healthy level. We eat right, we exercise. I can't control what or how bigger people do things. Not my fault they are fat. My kids are thaught to speak there minds! They will not be walked on but someone. So yes they speak how they feel. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe people like you should teach their children's manners.

Quoting ajrjj05:

I wouldn't of ran out. Maybe she should lose weight seeing kids see her as fat.

lucsch
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this

You can teach him to call them PEOPLE. They are people, not "fat" people.

Don't teach him to make fun of any person who happens to be different.

Not all fat people eat fast food. Not all fat people eat a lot of food.

hollyandjason
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Wow you sound like a bitch! It's one thing to teach your children not to be walked on and to say how they feel and to teach them to be RUDE!!!

Quoting ajrjj05:

we come from a famliy that keeps our weights at a healthy level. We eat right, we exercise. I can't control what or how bigger people do things. Not my fault they are fat. My kids are thaught to speak there minds! They will not be walked on but someone. So yes they speak how they feel. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gigis1
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM
that there's thing called manners we learn when we are young so no o.es feelings get hurt
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Why would you need to call them anything?  Do you say "hey black person!" or "hey skinny guy"?  

It's simply a man or woman unless he knows their name.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM

He will, belive me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Most likely he doesn't. I still havent been there with ds he's only 2 but when he starts talking I know he will say the darnest things.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was not mad at him. I just tried to explain that you can not call people fat. He didn't really understasnd why, maybe he is just too yong to understand?! 

Quoting Anonymous:

He can say that lady or something. I wouldn't be mad at him, they don't know any better. Kids always say the hard truth.

Quoting Anonymous:

He can't read yet. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Fatty lol jk

Umm by their name show him not to label people by their appearance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Hey I'm just calling it like I see it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who gave you any right to call me and my kids names. My DS is 4yo, he doesn't know any better yet, but I'm sure you are not 4, so there is no excuse for you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well assholes raise assholes.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM

So you choose not to teach your children manners.  Interesting.

Quoting ajrjj05:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

ajrjj05
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:05 PM

coming from a ANON! you mean NOTHING!.. or do your replies

but MY KIDS SPEAK THERE MINDS! No this is not wrong, this is 2000, quiet kids get bullied, quiet workers don't move up in their carrers, quiet people are known as "pee-ons". My kids speak for what they feel is right, and being fat isn't right! That is a bad choice of life. ((unless it is medical)). My children will go far in life cause the SPEAK UP! Get over stop raising your child to be a pansy. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, makes sense. Children can't be taught manners when their own parents haven't been taught them as of yet.

Quoting ajrjj05:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured