Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So embarrassed.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DS is 4yo. I just started to teach him what is healthy(to eat), and what is not. He never been in a fast food restaurants before, but saw his cousins eating it a lot. I explained to him that's this is unhealthy food, and we don't eat it. He was fine with it. 

Today I didn't have time to cook anything at home, we were outside the whole day, so I decided to buy him Burger King that once. We went to BK and there was this really fat cashier, she asked what we wanted to eat. My DS looked at her and said:"Mommy that lady is really fat, is it because she eat a lot burgers?".I didn't know what to do or say. I was so Embarrassed. I run out of BK and started to explain to him that its not nice to call people fat. He replied:"But Mommy she WAS fat.What do we call fat people? I didn't really knew what to say.

What should we call fat people? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Replies (81-90):
Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM

She's got a point here.

Quoting JakesMom712:

If you don't like being called fat, lose weight. Like I said, if you're fat you're fat, if you're skinny you're skinny. I call a spade a spade

Quoting ttriddick:

And if you run around saying it to them or laughing about it you're a bitch. Sorry if that offends you but its true. Does that make it OK to say?

Quoting JakesMom712:

If a person is fat, they're fat. If they're skinny they're skinny.

Quoting ttriddick:

Why do you keep thinking its funny when rude responses are posted and finding an excuse for the good answers? Did he get that from you? It is NOT OK to call people fat. And its not funny. That's bully behavior.

x2monstersx
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Well you should be teaching him that you don't eat at places like BK because you want to be healthy and strong.  Not telling him it will make him fat.  You could have told him that everyone is different and that is just the way she is.  Depending on his interest level you could also explain that some people have health problems that make them that way. 

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Thank you. There's a difference between calling someone fat and a fatty-fat ass, wide load etc

Quoting Danapopcorn:

She's got a point here.

Quoting JakesMom712:

If you don't like being called fat, lose weight. Like I said, if you're fat you're fat, if you're skinny you're skinny. I call a spade a spade

Quoting ttriddick:

And if you run around saying it to them or laughing about it you're a bitch. Sorry if that offends you but its true. Does that make it OK to say?

Quoting JakesMom712:

Quoting ttriddick:

Why do you keep thinking its funny when rude responses are posted and finding an excuse for the good answers? Did he get that from you? It is NOT OK to call people fat. And its not funny. That's bully behavior.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I just don't see were do people get that I laughed at her, I did teach my son that it is not OK to call people fat. he is still very young to understand. This was a friendly post in the beginning. I did ask for advise, but instead of getting one I was bullied and called names by YOU people. You say that you teach your kids manners and not being bullies, but on the other hand you just bullied me for no reason what so ever. Don't you think that it's rude for these women to call me names, when you don't even know me? 

This women claimed that they are so nice and polite to other people, but yet they show VERY different side of them. Bunch of HIPOCRATES. 

P.S. I am a plus size woman myself, but I will never get offended if a CHILD called me fat. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The fact that you couldn't figure out an answer speaks volumes about you and how you are obviously raising your children.

What happened if someone picked an attribute of your child's and just called him that? ie Hey you have big ears. Is that because you like Dumbo? Could you not figure out how to correct that situation? Can you not see how wrong that is? SMH!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Thanks. :)

Quoting x2monstersx:

Well you should be teaching him that you don't eat at places like BK because you want to be healthy and strong.  Not telling him it will make him fat.  You could have told him that everyone is different and that is just the way she is.  Depending on his interest level you could also explain that some people have health problems that make them that way. 

RLT2
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Ma'am or Sir, the same as skinny people.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I am not sure what type of careers you are used to, but in the business world the rude and loud do not get far.  One common characteristic of all the executive-level management staff at each corporation where I've worked is their ability to be quiet, listen to advisers, fully understand issues, and make an informed decision.

I'm not sure where you have been employed if you have experienced  something different.  I taught my children manners and respect, and as adults it has served them well. 

Quoting ajrjj05:

coming from a ANON! you mean NOTHING!.. or do your replies

but MY KIDS SPEAK THERE MINDS! No this is not wrong, this is 2000, quiet kids get bullied, quiet workers don't move up in their carrers, quiet people are known as "pee-ons". My kids speak for what they feel is right, and being fat isn't right! That is a bad choice of life. ((unless it is medical)). My children will go far in life cause the SPEAK UP! Get over stop raising your child to be a pansy. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, makes sense. Children can't be taught manners when their own parents haven't been taught them as of yet.
Quoting ajrjj05:

I do, but if my kids say it and they are fat that isn't my problem!
we come from a famliy that keeps our weights at a healthy level. We eat right, we exercise. I can't control what or how bigger people do things. Not my fault they are fat. My kids are thaught to speak there minds! They will not be walked on but someone. So yes they speak how they feel. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe people like you should teach their children's manners.
Quoting ajrjj05:

I wouldn't of ran out. Maybe she should lose weight seeing kids see her as fat.

mama.samantha
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:24 PM
my grandma and her sisters are big ladies when I was young my mom told me that is someone called my relative fat to say "no she's not fat she's just fluffy" but she also told me never comment on a persons appearence unless its asked or its positive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Well, if you're fat, you're fat; if you're thin, you are thin. It's not your son's fault the woman was fat.

You can say people come in all shapes and sizes. That is a good question. Should he say, "That lady was really a person of size"?

piratehooker
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:26 PM
People should not be defined for how they look on the outside. If you're ugly, do I just say, hey ugly?

Quoting JakesMom712:

Thank you. There's a difference between calling someone fat and a fatty-fat ass, wide load etc

Quoting Danapopcorn:

She's got a point here.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Quoting ttriddick:

Quoting JakesMom712:

Quoting ttriddick:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)