Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So embarrassed.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DS is 4yo. I just started to teach him what is healthy(to eat), and what is not. He never been in a fast food restaurants before, but saw his cousins eating it a lot. I explained to him that's this is unhealthy food, and we don't eat it. He was fine with it. 

Today I didn't have time to cook anything at home, we were outside the whole day, so I decided to buy him Burger King that once. We went to BK and there was this really fat cashier, she asked what we wanted to eat. My DS looked at her and said:"Mommy that lady is really fat, is it because she eat a lot burgers?".I didn't know what to do or say. I was so Embarrassed. I run out of BK and started to explain to him that its not nice to call people fat. He replied:"But Mommy she WAS fat.What do we call fat people? I didn't really knew what to say.

What should we call fat people? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Replies (91-100):
MrsRudd
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:26 PM
As other people said.. Teach him to not judge people and continue to teach him how to be healthy. I think you should have made him apologize though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
piratehooker
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Amen! I have the most polite kids too.

Quoting Val99:

I am not sure what type of careers you are used to, but in the business world the rude and loud do not get far.  One common characteristic of all the executive-level management staff at each corporation where I've worked is their ability to be quiet, listen to advisers, fully understand issues, and make an informed decision.

I'm not sure where you have been employed if you have experienced  something different.  I taught my children manners and respect, and as adults it has served them well. 

Quoting ajrjj05:

coming from a ANON! you mean NOTHING!.. or do your replies

but MY KIDS SPEAK THERE MINDS! No this is not wrong, this is 2000, quiet kids get bullied, quiet workers don't move up in their carrers, quiet people are known as "pee-ons". My kids speak for what they feel is right, and being fat isn't right! That is a bad choice of life. ((unless it is medical)). My children will go far in life cause the SPEAK UP! Get over stop raising your child to be a pansy. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, makes sense. Children can't be taught manners when their own parents haven't been taught them as of yet.

Quoting ajrjj05:

I do, but if my kids say it and they are fat that isn't my problem!
we come from a famliy that keeps our weights at a healthy level. We eat right, we exercise. I can't control what or how bigger people do things. Not my fault they are fat. My kids are thaught to speak there minds! They will not be walked on but someone. So yes they speak how they feel. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe people like you should teach their children's manners.

Quoting ajrjj05:

I wouldn't of ran out. Maybe she should lose weight seeing kids see her as fat.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ajrjj05:

coming from a [an] ANON! you mean NOTHING!.. or [NOR] do your replies

but MY KIDS SPEAK THERE [THEIR] MINDS! No this is not wrong, this is 2000, quiet kids get bullied, quiet workers don't move up in their carrers, [careers] quiet people are known as "pee-ons". [peons] My kids speak for what they feel is right, and being fat isn't right! That is a bad choice of life. ((unless it is medical)). My children will go far in life cause the [they] SPEAK UP! Get over stop raising your child to be a pansy. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, makes sense. Children can't be taught manners when their own parents haven't been taught them as of yet.

Quoting ajrjj05:

I do, but if my kids say it and they are fat that isn't my problem!
we come from a famliy that keeps our weights [weight] at a healthy level. We eat right, we exercise. I can't control what or how bigger people do things. Not my fault they are fat. My kids are thaught to speak there minds! They will not be walked on but someone. So yes they speak how they feel. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe people like you should teach their children's manners.

Quoting ajrjj05:

I wouldn't of [have] ran [run] out. Maybe she should lose weight seeing kids see her as fat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
How does a 4 year old know to call someone fat? I know: BAD PARENTING!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Tell him it wasn't the burgers it was the extra mayo and the "large diet coke"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Holy tangent about not one thing that you quoted. Coo coo!

Quoting Anonymous:

I just don't see were do people get that I laughed at her, I did teach my son that it is not OK to call people fat. he is still very young to understand. This was a friendly post in the beginning. I did ask for advise, but instead of getting one I was bullied and called names by YOU people. You say that you teach your kids manners and not being bullies, but on the other hand you just bullied me for no reason what so ever. Don't you think that it's rude for these women to call me names, when you don't even know me? 

This women claimed that they are so nice and polite to other people, but yet they show VERY different side of them. Bunch of HIPOCRATES. 

P.S. I am a plus size woman myself, but I will never get offended if a CHILD called me fat. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The fact that you couldn't figure out an answer speaks volumes about you and how you are obviously raising your children.

What happened if someone picked an attribute of your child's and just called him that? ie Hey you have big ears. Is that because you like Dumbo? Could you not figure out how to correct that situation? Can you not see how wrong that is? SMH!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Haha burn!

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Because you said you were outside allll day...that's why you couldn't cook. Im in MD, your neighbor state..and its cold as balls here. Couldn't imagine a four year old being out alllll day....I believe you are trolling, and trying to make fun of others by proxy (through an innocent child.. ).

Quoting Anonymous:

PA, how is this relevant???

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Where do you live...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Lol my friends daughter is three and a couple weeks ago she took her to the grocery store. There was a rather large lady in the deli department wearing black pants and a white jacket with black stripes. Her daughter started laughing uncontrollably and actually freaking mooing at this lady. That week at school the older kids had put on an afternoon play about farm life and animals. I guess the kid thought this lady was dressed as a cow. My friend was so embarrassed she left her cart full of stuff and drug her laughing , mooing toddler out of the store.
Destiny907
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Kids, bless their hearts, are NOT PC... I'm tired of PC too.

I have.. well, LARGE breasts....( i despise them... ladies don't even think about wanting some) oh sure I learned to live with them, but I've had more than ONE small child remark about them, and try to touch them, try to push on them... one or two of the grandkids ask.. why are your boobs so big?  LOL  They don't mean anything by it!  Kids are kids........

Kids....................gotta love 'em.  It's a while before they learn guile and to lie and dissemble...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM

where in my post did i say that you laugth at her ..  i didn't even say that you laughed at her.

But you did call her fat before you even told us that your son called her fat!

Quoting Anonymous:

When did I say that I laugth at her? How do you know if I laugth at fat people or not?? 

Quoting Anonymous:

a person. 

it is clear that you call people fat because you "there was this really fat cashier" and also because your son is 4 and learns his  language behaviour from you. 

God job mom!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN