Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you support your SO in illegal activity? *edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: would you?

Options:

no

yes

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 91

View Results

If your husband or boyfriend, whatever, made his living by scamming people, how would you feel? Would you support this as his business?

Let me give an example, say he steals stereo equipment and then sells it to people out of the back of a van. He tells people it's really great quality stuff, but it really isn't. It's random cheap shit that he can steal or find.

I personally wouldn't be happy my husband chooses to support his family this way instead of actually getting a job.

edit: this isn't a last resort for this family. the husband chooses to do this so that he can continue smoking weed.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
kzuehlk
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM
If it meant the difference between feeding our kids or letting them go hungry, absolutely!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jentily
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM

i would have never married someone who would think to do something like that ..... so no!

coleysmama
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM
No. I'm not a lowlife criminal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM

if my husband ever decided to do something illigal , regardless of if  Iknew or not  any one of athority(sp) ask I knew nothing and im so surprised lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:05 PM
No I'd have so many issues with that way of life
supermomz25
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:05 PM

oh hell no!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:05 PM

it's not. it is so that he can continue smoking weed.

Quoting kzuehlk:

If it meant the difference between feeding our kids or letting them go hungry, absolutely!

janel09
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

We've had this conversation because he debated on selling drugs with his old classmates. I told him if he did, he'd have to sign the divorce papers as well. Also if he took me to court for custody, he would be outed for the activity and locked up. I think he was joking, but I'm serious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Good for you for having some respect for yourself

Quoting janel09:

We've had this conversation because he debated on selling drugs with his old classmates. I told him if he did, he'd have to sign the divorce papers as well. Also if he took me to court for custody, he would be outed for the activity and locked up. I think he was joking, but I'm serious.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I would never have been with a man like that in the first place.  I would know what my man did long before he was allowed to move in.   

Why would a woman accept that?  So she can have a few kids with him right before he's caught and thrown in jail leaving her to be a single mom?  What kind of woman would be ok with that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)