Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you support your SO in illegal activity? *edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: would you?

Options:

no

yes

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 91

View Results

If your husband or boyfriend, whatever, made his living by scamming people, how would you feel? Would you support this as his business?

Let me give an example, say he steals stereo equipment and then sells it to people out of the back of a van. He tells people it's really great quality stuff, but it really isn't. It's random cheap shit that he can steal or find.

I personally wouldn't be happy my husband chooses to support his family this way instead of actually getting a job.

edit: this isn't a last resort for this family. the husband chooses to do this so that he can continue smoking weed.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
kzuehlk
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Then no.

Quoting Anonymous:

it's not. it is so that he can continue smoking weed.

Quoting kzuehlk:

If it meant the difference between feeding our kids or letting them go hungry, absolutely!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

A woman that has no self respect or self esteem.

Quoting Val99:

I would never have been with a man like that in the first place.  I would know what my man did long before he was allowed to move in.   

Why would a woman accept that?  So she can have a few kids with him right before he's caught and thrown in jail leaving her to be a single mom?  What kind of woman would be ok with that?

sampson200
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I wouldn't have any type of relationship with someone like this, noless marry them.

meka26
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM

No, I would not support him. I do not want my man doing anything illegal. It's the reason I left my ex. I do not want to be an accessory either. If you don't work for it, you don't deserve it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM

1) That is more than scamming people, that is theft 

2) HELL. NO. No. Nothing about that. Nope. Would I be okay with a man I was in a relationship with stealing other people's items they paid for, reselling it after lying, JUST SO HE CAN BUY WEED. HELL. No. 

3) This situation isn't about a struggle to surive and put food on the table, or taking a sick child to the doctors. This is about a man who thinks his weed is more important than respecting other people. So yeah, never going to be okay with that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Good for you! I wouldn't, either, but a certain mom on here is perfectly fine with it. Pathetic

Quoting sampson200:

I wouldn't have any type of relationship with someone like this, noless marry them.

maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I would have to say that someone buying something out of the back of a VAN would know its "hot" and if they don't know what a good brand is from a not so good brand, that is their own dumbass fault.

nelliesmommy
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:13 PM

No, I don't agree with stealing from people. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:14 PM

so, you would support this activitiy?

Quoting maciymommieof3:

I would have to say that someone buying something out of the back of a VAN would know its "hot" and if they don't know what a good brand is from a not so good brand, that is their own dumbass fault.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:14 PM
No that is a triple karma that he wouldn't want coming back to me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)