Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

health insurance....do you have it?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you insured?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (Explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 298

View Results

Are you covered by medical insurance?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Yes. Medical, Dental and Vision. $186/wk comes out of my husbands check. My job has insurance available but the coverage was not as good as my husbands..
PeaceMuch
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Yes, through my husband's work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:08 PM
What does that mean?

My DH has a GREAT job. But the insurance is way expensive. Although we could get it - we choose to just pay our if pocket when we go to the DR. We still take care of our kids - we are responsible also even without it????

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Yes I am responsible

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I made a friend that is in Canada.  She came to my town for her work once and we went to dinner, the topic of American health care came up and she was shocked by what I told her.  She couldn't imagine living here and dealing with our system.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, courtesy of Canada's universal health care system. All of my life. We also have extended health for everything else, including dental, vision, hearing, physio, prescriptions... We love our system. LOVE. it. Even more after joining this forum and hearing how many people do not have access to health care. Shameful. And to think Americans say they have the best health care in the world. Hah. Not very good if you can't access it...

cshepard
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Lol I was on that one for awhile while I was unemployed.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is the exact same plan we are on!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, it's the "Don't get sick or injured" plan.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Americans can access insurance if they have employer coverage. That would require working though... Some don't want to go to all the hassle of a good job. *shrugs*

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, courtesy of Canada's universal health care system. All of my life. We also have extended health for everything else, including dental, vision, hearing, physio, prescriptions... We love our system. LOVE. it. Even more after joining this forum and hearing how many people do not have access to health care. Shameful. And to think Americans say they have the best health care in the world. Hah. Not very good if you can't access it...

Autumn19
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:12 PM
nope. Nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diatech12
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Yes I work for the county. No premium for me and I haven't had a copay yet. The kids cost $400. Dh is covered at the VA.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:12 PM
I'm on medicare
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Statistically people without insurance will not pay, my insurance covers slathered portion. By paying my premiums shows I will pay.

Quoting Anonymous:

What does that mean?

My DH has a GREAT job. But the insurance is way expensive. Although we could get it - we choose to just pay our if pocket when we go to the DR. We still take care of our kids - we are responsible also even without it????

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Yes I am responsible

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)