Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH said he's moving out

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I don't know what to do!!! This is the second time he has walked out and it will be the last I'm not going to do that to my kids again. He takes full responsibility and says he knows its because he doesn't want to try. I'm a sahm. I told him because he doesn't want to try and this is his fault(childish or not it is... I tried and tried) that he can continue to pay rent until I get a job and can help but I expect him to help. I'm trying to be strong and pretend I'm not hurt but I am.... My poor daughter will never remember having a real family.

How do kids adapt to this? I was a year old when my parents got divorced and I always said I would never do that to my kids
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Bump... I need advice or insight something anything
CuriousArentYa
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:38 PM

My brother and I rejoiced when our parents finally divorced. They never fought, they weren't mean to each other but we knew they weren't happy. Now they are both very happy. They will be fine, just try to keep your head up. 

AprilDJC
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I truly wish I could give you any advice. How old are your kids? Mine are 15, 14, & 8 and my dh decided his freedom is more important so we are dealing with the same thing right now except we had to move across the country so I could be close to my family, so its been a huge adjustment for them. I hope things work out for you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I WISH my parents had gotten divorced.  I begged them to.

Maybe they will be happier in the long run.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:44 PM

They will adapt they are kids just keep talking to them and let them know everything will be alright and that Mommy & Daddy both love them and that you just aren't getting along not their fault.

Hugs, Momma!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM
The kids are 6 and 6 months.... Last time he left was when I was pregnant with dd and came back a month before I had her. I think I took him back because I was scared and alone. He hasn't changed still only cares about himself

Quoting AprilDJC:

I truly wish I could give you any advice. How old are your kids? Mine are 15, 14, & 8 and my dh decided his freedom is more important so we are dealing with the same thing right now except we had to move across the country so I could be close to my family, so its been a huge adjustment for them. I hope things work out for you!

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM

My parents divorced when I was 4 and it was for the best.  I think everybody in both sides of the family was relieved.

Children adapt to their environment very well.  A lot better than adults do, actually.  Just keep going on like nothing has happened in front of your dd and things will work out after a while.  My DH and I separated two years ago and our dd was 3.  She was upset, naturally, but I couldn't add to her stress.  I had to keep things upbeat and happy for her.  I'm sorry mama.  Stay strong.

soon2bmomof3619
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM

It will get better, it wont be easy but things will eventually get better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Ehhhh divorce isn't a big deal to me. I'd say good riddance.
nicoal4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Allow your self to cry so hard.. take bubble bath, read a good book. Make a list of things you can go to school for. There are allot of year programs like dental assistant it's 11months than you can make any where from 50,000 to 70,000 a year. You get holidays off and weekends it's a 9-5 type job. And chat on chat sites Don't act on them but flirt and laugh and vent it will help a ton. When I couldn't sleep I took pm meds to knock myself out. I know that last part will be bashed but not sleeping impacts your mood more. Free your self and be excited about getting to really fall in love with someone who will love you back the same.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN