Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so excited. We have a wedding to go to the 23rd of March. I was thinking about buying a new dress since we don't go out that much with out ds. Let alone anywhere semi formal. I seen a dress I really wanted but it was $176. No way will I spend that much on a dress I would only wear a few times.

So I decided to make one. Why not I used to make my clothes when I was 18. I really enjoyed it and was really good at it.

So I was looking for a dress that was similar to the one I was going to buy. Found a dress pattern on eBay for $10. Vogue vintage 1952 design. Just got it in the mail and so excited for Monday to get my 1935 Singer table sewing machine from my FIL.

Dh is going to help me. All the men in that side of the family can sew, but none of the females can. Strange. Can you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
armywifey26
by Krissy on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I wish I could :(

mariesmama
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM

yes i can sew i enjoy it i made my wedding dress  for 140$ and my daughters cinderella dress

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Yes, I can sew. I'm pretty good at it. Haven't done it in a couple of years. I really like that pattern.
LucyHarper
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Yes, I make a lot of my own clothes, my husbads, and my kids clothes, it saves so much money.

skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM

...I can sew a button on really nice... >.>...but anything else I'm out..

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I love to sew! I make my girls matching dresses all the time. Post pics when you finish your dress!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM
I do! I use a vintage 1954 Necchi BU Mira. :-)
CB3arr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Yup.  My mom sews.  Myself and my siblings grew up knowing how to sew.

xboybrksgrlx
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:05 PM
My dh can crochet his butt off. He mad ds a beanie when he was a newbie. He made me a hat this winter. I love it. I can make a bracelet lol. I can sew and paint. Bit that is all for me lol

Quoting wooly:

It's actually faster to crochet but it's heavier and takes more yarn. i do both and i enjoy them both, but they have different uses for me.

Quoting xboybrksgrlx:

I tried teaching myself to knit. Failed. Took wayyy to long.

Quoting wooly:

Yes, I took Home Ec every year in jr high & high school. I used to make a lot of my kids clothes and mine too. I don't sew very much anymore. It doesn't save money any more and it makes my back hurt. Plus i'd rather knit.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I try! I just got my first machine a little over a a year ago. So far I've just done basic things like pillow covers and curtains, but I'd love to try clothes! Dh can sew too, he used to help his mom make stuff!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured