Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People who uses strollers as a way to steal out of stores messes it up for everyone else. During Christmas season my mom and I were out shopping with the baby and of course I had my stroller. I tried going into Areopostale but was stopped at the door and was told no strollers were allowed. Then yesterday I needed to go to the grocery store. I don't have a car so I walked to the one closest to my house and when I got up there I was stopped by a big ass sign that says no strollers allowed. I was beyond frustrated that I just walked up to that damn store for nothing.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM

i saw more people stuff things into the giant freaking purses than i have into a stroller

do11face
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Yes, that's the only place ever been too that didn't allow but it's because of he space issue not stealing. It never bothered me. Although, I would get a little paranoid about someone walking off with my stroller.

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

The only place we've been that didn't allow strollers was the rainforest cafe in grapevine Texas. They allowed ours those because I wasn't about to take up three seats with medical equipment lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
do11face
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM
My kids hated being in those and it hurt my back like a mofo. I have weird wiggly kids, though. Lol.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I would invest in a wrap or front pack.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flawskii
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I did, when it happened at the mall I went right across the hall to Forever 21! lol

Quoting eviesmom453:

I would have turned around and found a different place to shop. That seems so fucked up!

CafeMom Tickers
PEEK05
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I don't really use strollers but that would suck. :(

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Its not just because people steal, they take up a lot of space in the stores. I bring a bike lock and chain up the stroller outside. Usually when I go out though to malls or grocery shopping, I wear a baby pack, so I don't need to hassle with a stroller and don't have to worry about things like that.

Hi_Rae
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Thats ridiculous. Is there a place you could store the stroller while you were in the store so you could still use it to walk there and back?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM
That's so annoying. Especially when the exit is on the opposite side of the building and you have to walk all the way back around to get the stroller. Oh and if you ever go to Old Town, Bertucci's on King St doesn't allow strollers.

Quoting usmcwife.mommy2:

That hasn't happened to us yet. But there are so many signs at the DC zoo that has that signs for indoor stuff... Which is so stupid. Why would I want to leave all my stuff in the artillery to look at animals.
finnbar
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Wow. The only place I have been that banned strollers was Disney Land and there its just certain areas strollers cannot go. Around here some stores lock up the formula and razors
WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I have never run into this problem at a mall, but I was asked to leave my stroller outside of an antiques store once. The owner was afraid of  the stroller bumping into a table and knocking stuff over.  The only reason it didn't bother me was, because it was a small store with limited space and it was easier to just carry my child through the store than to try to manuver the stroller around all the tables inside the store. 

I have also been to stores at outlet malls where the managers make you check your bags at the front of the store before you can shop.  The reason was to cut down on theft.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN