Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People who uses strollers as a way to steal out of stores messes it up for everyone else. During Christmas season my mom and I were out shopping with the baby and of course I had my stroller. I tried going into Areopostale but was stopped at the door and was told no strollers were allowed. Then yesterday I needed to go to the grocery store. I don't have a car so I walked to the one closest to my house and when I got up there I was stopped by a big ass sign that says no strollers allowed. I was beyond frustrated that I just walked up to that damn store for nothing.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Replies (31-40):
renijazzysmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Buy a bike lock and chain it up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM
A few stores here won't allow strollers, diaper bags, backpacks or anything they consider a large purse. Its getting ridiculous
flawskii
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I do have a carrier but when I go to the mall I just take her carseat and put in right in her stroller plus walking around the mall shopping is easier done when I have her stroller to push around and I'm able to put my bags under it and using the mommy clip.

Quoting Beccahairlady:

Why don't you try a Moby wrap or an Ergo carrier? I prefer them over strollers. 

Quoting flawskii:

Yes they are because in the long run it causes in an convenience for people like me who doesn't have a vehicle ( I drive my moms car sometimes but it's hers so I don't over use it) that's trying to grab a few things. I don't want to have to carry my daughter and bags of groceries!

Quoting heatherd09:

Wow! I've never heard that! People are ridiculous.

CafeMom Tickers
skittlefart
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM

never heard of a grocery store with no stollers allowed...but that does sound like it would suck ass. 

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM
I can imagine your frustration. I didn't have a car 2 years ago and the nearest grocery store to me was about 1 1/2 miles each trip so I had my 1yr old in the stroller and I walked. I would have thrown a fit if I saw a sign that said no strollers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I hate strollers in cramped places anyway. It's so annoying when people try to squeeze through aisles and doors with their Cadillac size strollers! How exactly is that convenient to shove around anyway?
flawskii
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:05 PM
All the stores here lock up those items too CVS keeps their brand unlocked on the shelf

Quoting finnbar:

Wow. The only place I have been that banned strollers was Disney Land and there its just certain areas strollers cannot go. Around here some stores lock up the formula and razors
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flawskii
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM
When you're in a grocery store exactly how is it an inconvience? I can understand small stores which I tend to avoid but our grocery store isn't small.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate strollers in cramped places anyway. It's so annoying when people try to squeeze through aisles and doors with their Cadillac size strollers! How exactly is that convenient to shove around anyway?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Simple solution! Stop pushing the stroller everywhere!

otoole
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM

wow id be pissed. i dnt have a car either so i have to use a stroller, but i would be happy if they offered to watch the stoller while i took the kids in to shop. it would actually help me out alot cos the stoller cant hold that much shopping, so i have to go to the store almost everyday for differant things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN