Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People who uses strollers as a way to steal out of stores messes it up for everyone else. During Christmas season my mom and I were out shopping with the baby and of course I had my stroller. I tried going into Areopostale but was stopped at the door and was told no strollers were allowed. Then yesterday I needed to go to the grocery store. I don't have a car so I walked to the one closest to my house and when I got up there I was stopped by a big ass sign that says no strollers allowed. I was beyond frustrated that I just walked up to that damn store for nothing.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Replies (41-50):
MommaTasha1003
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Get something to wear your baby then.. or use a lil stroller that folds up & put it in the buggy when u go to the store..

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I have baby twins in a double stroller (plus a 2 yr old), so I usually don't go anywhere that I can't get my stroller into.

If I only had 1 baby, I would just wear him no problem, but with 2 I NEED a stroller!

tessamalk
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:16 PM

The only place I've been that said "no strollers" was the DC zoo--they don't allow them in the indoor exhibits, and that kind of makes sense since the hallways get crowded.

usmcwife.mommy2
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Are you serious? Yea we just skip the inside stuff. It's so annoying.

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

That's so annoying. Especially when the exit is on the opposite side of the building and you have to walk all the way back around to get the stroller. Oh and if you ever go to Old Town, Bertucci's on King St doesn't allow strollers.

Quoting usmcwife.mommy2:

That hasn't happened to us yet. But there are so many signs at the DC zoo that has that signs for indoor stuff... Which is so stupid. Why would I want to leave all my stuff in the artillery to look at animals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I know that gift shops in museums, zoos etc often don't allow strollers. 

I could never get into our Aero store with the stoller, they have everything way too tight. 

As an honest consumer, I would remember where I could and couldn't go once we were done with thestoller. If they didn't want my money when I had to push one around, they don't deserve it later.

flawskii
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:55 PM
The Aero store I tried going into was rather small and I wouldn't have got upset if when she told me it wasn't allowed there wasn't another couple right there shopping with a stroller. Now had she said "I'm sorry ma'am but your stroller is too big I would have laughed because I know it is and just walkes away. I didn't go off or anything but I was upset when I walked away. But there's another one I went to and it was pretty spacious and I was allowed to take my stroller inside.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

I know that gift shops in museums, zoos etc often don't allow strollers. 

I could never get into our Aero store with the stoller, they have everything way too tight. 

As an honest consumer, I would remember where I could and couldn't go once we were done with thestoller. If they didn't want my money when I had to push one around, they don't deserve it later.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Only stores here that don't allow are small so a stroller wouldn't fit
flawskii
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM
There's a few stores around me that my stroller won't fit through the bars outside the store but if I collapse the stroller to get it through they don't say my stroller isn't allowed thank goodness!

Quoting Anonymous:

Only stores here that don't allow are small so a stroller wouldn't fit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egyptian_mommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Yep.

Quoting usmcwife.mommy2:

Are you serious? Yea we just skip the inside stuff. It's so annoying.

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

That's so annoying. Especially when the exit is on the opposite side of the building and you have to walk all the way back around to get the stroller. Oh and if you ever go to Old Town, Bertucci's on King St doesn't allow strollers.

Quoting usmcwife.mommy2:

That hasn't happened to us yet. But there are so many signs at the DC zoo that has that signs for indoor stuff... Which is so stupid. Why would I want to leave all my stuff in the artillery to look at animals.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:23 PM

wow that sucks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured