Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People who uses strollers as a way to steal out of stores messes it up for everyone else. During Christmas season my mom and I were out shopping with the baby and of course I had my stroller. I tried going into Areopostale but was stopped at the door and was told no strollers were allowed. Then yesterday I needed to go to the grocery store. I don't have a car so I walked to the one closest to my house and when I got up there I was stopped by a big ass sign that says no strollers allowed. I was beyond frustrated that I just walked up to that damn store for nothing.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Can babies walk? A stroller helps them and people with multiples shouldn't be kept from public like freaks because people can't adapt to different families. Intolerant people need to get over themselves, before long we will have to have a anti kid discrimination bill because of people like you.

Quoting matofour:

There's a difference between strollers and wheelchairs.

I had three under three at one point. So I know what it's like.

I still hate strollers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you feel the same about people in wheel chairs? I used a double stroller, and a baby wrap because I had 3 babies. It was the only way to carry them.

Quoting matofour:

I love it.

And I have a baby, I strap them on and go about my business.

When the aquarium opened in Cleveland, during the weekend it was stroller free. We went with a newborn and four other kids. I wore the baby. It was so nice not to have to dodge strollers.

Even with five kids, I hate strollers. Such a pain, and take up so much space.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I understand your frustration and to be perfectly honest I do think if stores are going to ban strollers they need to have a safe place to store the strollers. I think that is poor business ethics.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM

And then I roll up with my kid in a carrier and be like "awwww yeah". 

January1964
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM

That totally sucks, OP. I have never even heard of that.

CotterpinDoozer
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Man, that sucks. I've never been anywhere that banned strollers but a butterfly garden. I can understand trying to crack down on shoplifting, but that's punishing everyone else! Especially at a grocery store! That seems pretty unreasonable to me.

kathislove80
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Why dont they?

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

its like that in Brooklyn too... most places dont allow strollers, and its ont because of stealing either..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Oh get over it.
There are plenty of places that are stroller friendly.

If it's not stroller friendly, wait and go when someone can watch the baby. It's not that big if a deal.

Or here's an idea, wear your baby. There are plenty if ways to wear multiplies as well.

My kids walked as soon as they could. And most
Of the time, we wore them when they were infants.
There's no reason you can't stop, and spend more time walking at a child's pace.

Strollers are bulky, take up a lot of space.
I see no reason why stores have to allow strollers in, lets face it. There's usually not room for strollers anyway.

Don't like it, don't shop there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can babies walk? A stroller helps them and people with multiples shouldn't be kept from public like freaks because people can't adapt to different families. Intolerant people need to get over themselves, before long we will have to have a anti kid discrimination bill because of people like you.

Quoting matofour:

There's a difference between strollers and wheelchairs.

I had three under three at one point. So I know what it's like.

I still hate strollers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you feel the same about people in wheel chairs? I used a double stroller, and a baby wrap because I had 3 babies. It was the only way to carry them.

Quoting matofour:

I love it.

And I have a baby, I strap them on and go about my business.

When the aquarium opened in Cleveland, during the weekend it was stroller free. We went with a newborn and four other kids. I wore the baby. It was so nice not to have to dodge strollers.

Even with five kids, I hate strollers. Such a pain, and take up so much space.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM

We don't have an issue such as that in our area.

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM

I only had that issue twice.. but neither were for that reason..

the one store was a very very small store, with LOTS of glass and breakables inside of a house that was converted into a shop, and there simply wasn't room for strollers (there was barely room for people to walk around, lol).. so because the owner had had issues with them not fitting, and once or twice a few things were broke, she had a ban..

The second time was in Gettysburg at the new museum.. when you went to pay for the tickets, they told you no strollers allowed because there are only stairs to get to most areas.. (there is an elevator for handicap, but it's exclusively for that only).  You were allowed to use strollers in the gift shop, because it waas on the main floor. 

amandae21
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Only place I've seen that is consignment sales, and that's mostly because there's a lot of stuff in a very small place... and it's also usually on the first day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)