Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People who uses strollers as a way to steal out of stores messes it up for everyone else. During Christmas season my mom and I were out shopping with the baby and of course I had my stroller. I tried going into Areopostale but was stopped at the door and was told no strollers were allowed. Then yesterday I needed to go to the grocery store. I don't have a car so I walked to the one closest to my house and when I got up there I was stopped by a big ass sign that says no strollers allowed. I was beyond frustrated that I just walked up to that damn store for nothing.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Replies (71-80):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I am a disabled mother, so I used my stroller as a walker, in addition to the fact that I would never wear my baby, it's too dangerous with my condition.  Thankfully I've never been to a place that banned strollers and I wouldn't patronize a place that did.  Why pay my money to a place that does not value my comfort?

Quoting matofour:

Oh get over it.
There are plenty of places that are stroller friendly.

If it's not stroller friendly, wait and go when someone can watch the baby. It's not that big if a deal.

Or here's an idea, wear your baby. There are plenty if ways to wear multiplies as well.

My kids walked as soon as they could. And most
Of the time, we wore them when they were infants.
There's no reason you can't stop, and spend more time walking at a child's pace.

Strollers are bulky, take up a lot of space.
I see no reason why stores have to allow strollers in, lets face it. There's usually not room for strollers anyway.

Don't like it, don't shop there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can babies walk? A stroller helps them and people with multiples shouldn't be kept from public like freaks because people can't adapt to different families. Intolerant people need to get over themselves, before long we will have to have a anti kid discrimination bill because of people like you.

Quoting matofour:

There's a difference between strollers and wheelchairs.

I had three under three at one point. So I know what it's like.

I still hate strollers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you feel the same about people in wheel chairs? I used a double stroller, and a baby wrap because I had 3 babies. It was the only way to carry them.

Quoting matofour:

I love it.

And I have a baby, I strap them on and go about my business.

When the aquarium opened in Cleveland, during the weekend it was stroller free. We went with a newborn and four other kids. I wore the baby. It was so nice not to have to dodge strollers.

Even with five kids, I hate strollers. Such a pain, and take up so much space.

marihla
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Aw man... I take my stroller everywhere... if I can't get into a store with it because the store is too crowded with shit, I just don't go to that store anymore. I call it my tractor and it holds everything. I think I might keep using it when she's too big for it!

maiosameru
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I prefer to babywear...although that would still make me angry..I can ONLY shop for clothes with a stroller..my 17 month old has to be strapped down to stay still.

exhaustedmother
by Amy on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I never heard ot that- I am from VA and we are allowed to take strollers into the stores,I would be pissed if I couldn't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Why don't you get over it! I've never been denied taking my stroller anywhere, even in las Vegas people weren't upset, or self absorbed. you learn to accept differences, not deny them. I'm sure you wore 3 at a time! Not!!!! Strollers are safer for kids and adults. They don't get stepped on by strangers or have to wait for a little toddler.

Your type is what is wrong with our country. You expect every person who doesn't meet your ideal to adapt or not be around. There are a lot of different types of people in this world. Kids exist, adapt or go hide in your little world.

Quoting matofour:

Oh get over it.

If it's not stroller friendly, wait and go when someone can watch the baby. It's not that big if a deal.

Or here's an idea, wear your baby. There are plenty if ways to wear multiplies as well.

There's no reason you can't stop, and spend more time walking at a child's pace.

I see no reason why stores have to allow strollers in, lets face it. There's usually not room for strollers anyway.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can babies walk? A stroller helps them and people with multiples shouldn't be kept from public like freaks because people can't adapt to different families. Intolerant people need to get over themselves, before long we will have to have a anti kid discrimination bill because of people like you.

Quoting matofour:

I still hate strollers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you feel the same about people in wheel chairs? I used a double stroller, and a baby wrap because I had 3 babies. It was the only way to carry them.

Quoting matofour:

I love it.

When the aquarium opened in Cleveland, during the weekend it was stroller free. We went with a newborn and four other kids. I wore the baby. It was so nice not to have to dodge strollers.

tennisgal
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM

boo!

flawskii
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:28 PM
If they had a safe place for me to store my stroller that would be nice

Quoting thetrollcat:

I understand your frustration and to be perfectly honest I do think if stores are going to ban strollers they need to have a safe place to store the strollers. I think that is poor business ethics.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:29 PM

That must be new, I never had anyone stop me for having a stroller.

flawskii
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:32 PM
You're right strollers are bulky and take up space so me not being allowed in the clothing store I can understand but the grocery store is nowhere near small so what would be the reason to ban strollers from there?

Quoting matofour:

Oh get over it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting matofour:

I still hate strollers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting matofour:

I love it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalakbelLacuna
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM

the dollar stores where i used to live dont allow diaper bags or any big handbag in general

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN