Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People who uses strollers as a way to steal out of stores messes it up for everyone else. During Christmas season my mom and I were out shopping with the baby and of course I had my stroller. I tried going into Areopostale but was stopped at the door and was told no strollers were allowed. Then yesterday I needed to go to the grocery store. I don't have a car so I walked to the one closest to my house and when I got up there I was stopped by a big ass sign that says no strollers allowed. I was beyond frustrated that I just walked up to that damn store for nothing.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Replies (81-90):
flawskii
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I work in a dollar store and we don't allow bookbags to get carried around the store but we aren't allowed to tell them they can't have big purses. However, we do pay attention because people are ALWAYS stealing and the sad part is they tend to go down an aisle that has a camera smh

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

the dollar stores where i used to live dont allow diaper bags or any big handbag in general

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XxPixiesworldxX
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Use a sling. Im 30 weeks pregnant and my son is three and I still wear him on my back in a baby hawk oh snap
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Many places don't allow strollers.

There's nothing wrong with that. If you have a stroller at the time, don't go there. How hard is that to understand.

I am all about adapting.

But, there are places you just don't have to bring strollers.

Did I wear all three, nope, cause two could walk.
I currently have an 11 month old, and babysit full time for a fourteen month old. We are very active during the day, and are able to do so without a stroller. Gasp.

I also, don't fell the need to go to Abercrombie during the day when I have kids. Jeeze, just because you have a kid doesn't mean the world has to conform to you.

You are probably the type who thinks since you have a child, everyone around you needs to deal with your child.
Once again, get over it. If you HAVE to go to Abercrombie; and they don't want strollers in their store. Deal with it.
My goodness, it's not that big of a deal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you get over it! I've never been denied taking my stroller anywhere, even in las Vegas people weren't upset, or self absorbed. you learn to accept differences, not deny them. I'm sure you wore 3 at a time! Not!!!! Strollers are safer for kids and adults. They don't get stepped on by strangers or have to wait for a little toddler.

Your type is what is wrong with our country. You expect every person who doesn't meet your ideal to adapt or not be around. There are a lot of different types of people in this world. Kids exist, adapt or go hide in your little world.

Quoting matofour:

Oh get over it.

There are plenty of places that are stroller friendly.

If it's not stroller friendly, wait and go when someone can watch the baby. It's not that big if a deal.

Or here's an idea, wear your baby. There are plenty if ways to wear multiplies as well.

My kids walked as soon as they could. And most

Of the time, we wore them when they were infants.

There's no reason you can't stop, and spend more time walking at a child's pace.

Strollers are bulky, take up a lot of space.

I see no reason why stores have to allow strollers in, lets face it. There's usually not room for strollers anyway.

Don't like it, don't shop there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can babies walk? A stroller helps them and people with multiples shouldn't be kept from public like freaks because people can't adapt to different families. Intolerant people need to get over themselves, before long we will have to have a anti kid discrimination bill because of people like you.

Quoting matofour:

There's a difference between strollers and wheelchairs.

I had three under three at one point. So I know what it's like.

I still hate strollers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you feel the same about people in wheel chairs? I used a double stroller, and a baby wrap because I had 3 babies. It was the only way to carry them.

Quoting matofour:

I love it.

And I have a baby, I strap them on and go about my business.

When the aquarium opened in Cleveland, during the weekend it was stroller free. We went with a newborn and four other kids. I wore the baby. It was so nice not to have to dodge strollers.

Even with five kids, I hate strollers. Such a pain, and take up so much space.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Yes I have kids, they are people, and are entitled to rights just like you. I'm not the op, but am sick of the no kid policies. That is as stupid as the old days where kids were to seen not heard, used for slave labor in factories. I refuse to allow some selfish adults hurt children's rights. Don't like kids go hide in a bubble. Don't want them at doctors offices, tough. I really don't care whatever butthurt feelings someone has about children. They are as much a part of our society as any other person.

Quoting matofour:

Many places don't allow strollers.

There's nothing wrong with that. If you have a stroller at the time, don't go there. How hard is that to understand.

I am all about adapting.

But, there are places you just don't have to bring strollers.

Did I wear all three, nope, cause two could walk.

I currently have an 11 month old, and babysit full time for a fourteen month old. We are very active during the day, and are able to do so without a stroller. Gasp.

I also, don't fell the need to go to Abercrombie during the day when I have kids. Jeeze, just because you have a kid doesn't mean the world has to conform to you.

You are probably the type who thinks since you have a child, everyone around you needs to deal with your child.

Once again, get over it. If you HAVE to go to Abercrombie; and they don't want strollers in their store. Deal with it.

My goodness, it's not that big of a deal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you get over it! I've never been denied taking my stroller anywhere, even in las Vegas people weren't upset, or self absorbed. you learn to accept differences, not deny them. I'm sure you wore 3 at a time! Not!!!! Strollers are safer for kids and adults. They don't get stepped on by strangers or have to wait for a little toddler.

Your type is what is wrong with our country. You expect every person who doesn't meet your ideal to adapt or not be around. There are a lot of different types of people in this world. Kids exist, adapt or go hide in your little world.

Quoting matofour:

Oh get over it.

There are plenty of places that are stroller friendly.

If it's not stroller friendly, wait and go when someone can watch the baby. It's not that big if a deal.

Or here's an idea, wear your baby. There are plenty if ways to wear multiplies as well.

My kids walked as soon as they could. And most

Of the time, we wore them when they were infants.

There's no reason you can't stop, and spend more time walking at a child's pace.

Strollers are bulky, take up a lot of space.

I see no reason why stores have to allow strollers in, lets face it. There's usually not room for strollers anyway.

Don't like it, don't shop there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can babies walk? A stroller helps them and people with multiples shouldn't be kept from public like freaks because people can't adapt to different families. Intolerant people need to get over themselves, before long we will have to have a anti kid discrimination bill because of people like you.

Quoting matofour:

There's a difference between strollers and wheelchairs.

I had three under three at one point. So I know what it's like.

I still hate strollers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you feel the same about people in wheel chairs? I used a double stroller, and a baby wrap because I had 3 babies. It was the only way to carry them.

Quoting matofour:

I love it.

And I have a baby, I strap them on and go about my business.

When the aquarium opened in Cleveland, during the weekend it was stroller free. We went with a newborn and four other kids. I wore the baby. It was so nice not to have to dodge strollers.

Even with five kids, I hate strollers. Such a pain, and take up so much space.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:21 AM

crowds, aisles, stairs...  many reasons.. i never had issues, its was just the norm...

Quoting kathislove80:

Why dont they?

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

its like that in Brooklyn too... most places dont allow strollers, and its ont because of stealing either..

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:24 AM

Some stores its because of space. i worked at areopostale years ago in a mall and it was a space issue. Tiny store the kid and strollers just pull evvvverything up off the racks and with them. then mom puts them in a giant pile like oh, opps, sorry! Uh no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:25 AM
Quoting KairisMama:

Ive never been to a store that banned strollers. That would suck.

this
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:27 AM
I have been to a few stores that don't allow strollers and they are all wholesale type stores. I have taken a stroller into Aeropostale and in all my grocery stores
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flawskii
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:01 AM
I can understand it being a space issue but like I told another poster my problem wasnt the fact no stroller weren't allowed it was because she flat out said no strollers when it was a family right in front me of with a stroller shopping. All she had to say was I'm sorry ma'am but your strollers to big I could have understood that. I didn't put up a fuss or nothing but I'll never go back in thht store that's for sure.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

Some stores its because of space. i worked at areopostale years ago in a mall and it was a space issue. Tiny store the kid and strollers just pull evvvverything up off the racks and with them. then mom puts them in a giant pile like oh, opps, sorry! Uh no.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:06 AM

they don't ban strollers here... but 9/10 stores won't fit 99% of the strollers used in my area. I have an umbrella stroller, that is in my car for emergencies/must have stroller times, that *can* fit.. but not happily :( but I have never seen a store ban strollers. may I ask why they would ban them?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN