Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dying Kids Hair....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I apparently must be old fashioned (Im only 31) or something is wrong with me because I do understand why parents dye their childrens (under age 10) hair green, blue or purple.

Why? Why? Why?

Can someone please explain what I am missing? What are opinions and thoughts on dying a young kids hair....
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
m0mmyheather
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:49 PM
My little sister had tiny pink streaks in her hair when she was like 8. She just liked it and wanted it. It faded out really fast each time, so it wasn't a big deal anyways.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by Jill on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 32 and it's not something I'll be doing with any of my kids.  Maybe that spray in crap for things like Halloween or pep rallies, but that's as far as it goes.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I personally wouldn't do it.  For me it's more that I am not going to pay for them to express themselves in that way, at that age.  If they want to do it when they're older then they can pay for it.

Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I think when a female is old enough to by the hair color, then fine but I don't agree with parents letting the kid do it because they want to.........if the kid wants a high priced item will the parent buy it because the kid wanted it?

N_maricle
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I totally agree, unless it's Halloween using the temporary spray on kind. Then it's awesome.

beerabitch69
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM
3 moms liked this
Because its fun. And it's just hair.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 20 and I still don't get it. I love my kids hair, why on earth would I want to fill it with chemicals, drying it out, and make it look like cotton candy. My kids are allowed the spray in stuff for halloween or a special event, but nothing that takes real dye. 

MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM

lol I dont know weve used the spray in stuff just for fun though

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I wasn't even allowed to color my hair until I was 17 years old.....let alone put color streaks in it. I don't want my kids hair ruined from nasty product. 

PEEK05
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I'm 24 and I will not dye my kids' hair colors like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured