Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dying Kids Hair....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I apparently must be old fashioned (Im only 31) or something is wrong with me because I do understand why parents dye their childrens (under age 10) hair green, blue or purple.

Why? Why? Why?

Can someone please explain what I am missing? What are opinions and thoughts on dying a young kids hair....
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
lenoxclan
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I let my daughter get a few blond highlights in hers last year for her 9th bday.

Stylist came to my sisters house and we all had a make over day. It was fun.

I don't think I'd personally let her get the colors you listed though. Mainly because she couldn't keep them for school.

Cochise
by Dawn on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM

My youngest just turned 13 two days ago and she is only allowed to use the washable colors. 

catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I don't see a problem with it. We let our daughter do pink for the Summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM
My hair stylist is 27 she has a 7 and 4 yr old and is forever dying their hair... I'm sure it its the kind that washes out in a week or so but still tacky to me, her oldest is in school and goes to school with red/pink hair etc she also is forever dying her hair pink and purple. To each there own.
T-HoneyLuv
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM
* Hides the purple and blue hair dye *
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dorfmama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM
My 13 year old daughter dyes the last few inches of her hair with kool aid. It looks cute & lasts for a couple of months. And, it only costs about $1.00 when she does it. I wouldn't let one of my younger kids do it though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Uhm..... that spray washable kind you get at the fair or carnival?  Maybe.....  But actualy dye no thanks!

graycalico
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I let my dd color hers bright red at that age over the summer. I wouldn't let her bleach it though. I like that she is adventurous with her hair since she's very modest about every thing else. She's 13 now and occasionally colors it yet has no interest in makeup yet. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I am 35, and I would never dye my 8 year daughter's hair nor would I take ds to get a bright blue mohawk.  I will admit that for Halloween I will allow the spray on Hair color, but that is the only time of the year that my children have pink or green hair. When dd is in highschool, and asks if she can have natural looking highlights put in her hair, I will consider it. I will not pay for my child to have their hair perminently colored pink or blue.  When they turn 18, get a job and pay for it themselves, they can do what they want to their hair, but if I am paying for it, no way.

redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM

if they want it and its not against school rules and the dye will wash out in a few weeks whats the problem?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)