Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She named her dog after my daughter!!! WTF

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So we have full custody of the two SDs, I have a DD from a previous marriage also, and we have 1 DD together. Anyways The SDs get 8wks summer visitation with BM, then 2 phone calls a week & 1 skype call. (again we have full custody. The SDs live with us).So today was skype day and BM is telling the girls about a puppy she got. The oldest SD asks the puppys name. BM replys 'LIlly". SDs are shocked & like  but Lilly is our sisters name. Well BM tells them..."well I think Lilly is a dogs name".

What the fucking fuck. I don't care what you have against me but you have no reason in heck to go after my daughter....ANY of them.

Let alone whenever you had the choice to stay in state and have split parenting, but you choose to keep jumping state to state/man to man, while I'm the women here raising your children as my own, I've been in the youngest SDs life longer now then she has (she left when youngest was a year old). What kinda low down piece of shit person are you that you have to keep being reminded what is appropriate converstation with your kids (details of your date last night is not)). But what kind of piece of shit are you that your going to insult a child. Let alone the child of a women who is raising YOUR children too!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM

In 2004 I had a cat named Lily. Could it simply be that BM likes the name Lily? Or adopted a dog already named Lily so she didn't change the name since the dog responds to it?

peaches_04
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I can see it used for either. The fact she specifically said thats a dog name though kind of bugs me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Just know that she is the one that has to live with the reminder of you multiple times everyday. You get to forget she exists the majority of the time so basically the laugh is on her. Smile and know BM is bat shit crazy. Do not give her naming the dog your child's name any energy and NEVER react to it except to give the pity laugh because she's pitiful.
iwilliams76
by Irene on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM
2 moms liked this

This.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thinking you are taking it to personal. She liked the name. Its a good thing.

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you are taking this is a little to personally. I just got a puggle named Lily and that's my best friends middle name. She's not hurt about it nor does she even care. It's actually a common name for both dogs and people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM
That's not very nice but I would let it go
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. My aunt used names for my cousins that I used for pets. She just liked the names. When I was pregnant I told her I was naming my son the same name as her dog. We all had a laugh about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blue_elephant
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Woman* woman* woman*....

women is plural as in more than one, woman is singular as in one!

And don't take it personal take it as a compliment, or you could get a dog and name it after her...

Actually get a rat/guinea pig/a small rodent of some sort, and name it after her then when asked why the name be like (insert name here) is a (insert rodent here) name...

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Well maybe it had NOTHING to do with you!!  I was a nanny for a little boy and they got a dog and the family named him Brady which is my son's name.  Now their son and my son are best friends and I was his nanny.  I thought the same thing at first but it wasn't personal they loved the name. 

Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Wow that's crazy. And how old are the kids for the mom to tell them about her date night anyways?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)