Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Obama will not make us get Health Insurance

Posted by   + Show Post

He can fine us, burn us, curse us, send us to hell. We still cannot afford health care insurance.

He can take his obamacare and shove it up his human *ss.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Replies (41-50):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM

are you in Montana?

Probably not

That was the rate offered to us for family insurance health care. 900 a month.

At that time we were only making 65,000 a year. THAT does not include the amount taken out to run the business.

We are now up to 80,000 a year (again, that is not what we spend on bills, 20% or more goes back into the business)

Quoting Anonymous:

And the $900/mo is less than 2.5% of your income?

Quoting thetrollcat:

if one of us gets cancer, we will die.

If one of the kids gets terminally ill, we will have to hope for the best with community support.

We pay monthly 700 a month in medical bills. Do you think  you could afford an additional 950 a month for insurance?

Sorry but we cant afford BOTH.

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you pay your doc bills or if there is an emergency.  What if you need surgery?  Not bashing just honestly curious.

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM

You have the wrong anon.  You may want to go back and reply to the specific one you are referencing in your post.

Just so you are aware on your second point, ERs are not supposed to be used for routine or non-emergency care.  If you cut off an arm, you go to the ER.  Your kid has an ear ache, you go to your doctor.

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

Hey, anonPussy, I saw you told her that TrollCat should be put down. FFS.

BTW, it doesn't make sense, if you already can't pay for health insurance last year, Social Security went back up this year, what makes them think you can afford health insurance this year?  Not to mention, I didn't go to the dr. for myself last year, why would I need insurance on something I don't need? If it's an emergency, I'll go to the ER...

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmm..  Treason.  Gotcha.

Quoting thetrollcat:

obama damnit!

Quoting Anonymous:

Your son, or the president?

Quoting thetrollcat:

I would request to have him put down if he was feline.

Quoting WifeyC:

As opposed to a non human ass?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Well, I don't know what to tell you. I think employers should be required to offer health insurance and the same goes if you work for yourself. If you're ok paying fines then so be it... Definitely not smart!

Quoting thetrollcat:

S E L F        E M P L O Y E D

yup they still exists

S M A L L    B U S I N E S S E S or F A M I L Y O P E R A T E D B U S I N E S S

yup they still exist

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry If this had already been asked, but why don't you have insurance? Not offered through a job?

T-HoneyLuv
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:07 PM
You are calling him an idiot but your response to me isn't overflowing with intelligence. How about explaining to me what is inaccurate about my post?

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh Lord, I've heard it all now.. obama is an idiot

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

It was originally designed to help all people receive affordable healthcare. The idea was good, but when you have the opposing side digging their hands in and trying to block key parts that would allow it work reasonably, the shitstorm ensues.

Quoting thetrollcat:

So how does Obamacare benefit those that will still be without?

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Yeah, its all his fault. The reflubs who wanted to have it their way turned it into the shitstorm it seems to be now.

Quoting thetrollcat:

apparently you cant read? This post is about Obamacare did not make health care affordable and despite his DEMANDS we will still not have health care

Quoting Anonymous:

Your post makes no sense.  If you don't get it, nothing happens.  This is from the IRS.

Quote:

Now that the Supreme Court has decided that ObamaCare’s mandate to buy health insurance is a tax, will the IRS be able to collect it?

Generally speaking, if you owe the IRS, it will get the money from you—with the possible exception of the ObamaCare tax. Though ObamaCare’s individual mandate imposes a tax on people who do not purchase government-approved health insurance, the law explicitly neuters the IRS’s ability to collect the tax.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:07 PM

well hopefully montana will come up with something last year we were paying 300 a month for hubby alone. They wanted 900 a mnonth for the whole family.

So, I dunno meow... Montana has not offered cheaper state insurance as of yet that we know of.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

In Florida we have pre existing insurance through the state. Its $176 for an adult in my age group. There are some loopholes but its good in many situations. I think Obama care was supposed to expand on programs like that.

Quoting thetrollcat:

If one of the kids gets terminally ill, we will have to hope for the best with community support.

We pay monthly 700 a month in medical bills. Do you think  you could afford an additional 950 a month for insurance?

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you pay your doc bills or if there is an emergency.  What if you need surgery?  Not bashing just honestly curious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I thought if you couldn't afford health insurance, that there was an alternative like medicare? Maybe I misunderstood the article, it really didn't make sense to me at all.

Personally, I think health insurance has gotten ridiculous. My dental office, Dr office, urgent care, the 2 pharmacies I use, and our hospital all have told me that insurance has driven up the cost of health care and often ties hands over treatment sometimes resultingin more long term expense than the immediate expense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

The good news is, you cant be turned down for a pre existing condition, so you can just wait til you have cancer to get insurance :)

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Anonymous:

But that is because of Obamacare-wouldn't it be hypocritical of her to do that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I was told he will fine you at the end of the year when you file taxes if you didn't have insurance

Quoting Anonymous:

Your post makes no sense.  If you don't get it, nothing happens.  This is from the IRS.

Quote:

Now that the Supreme Court has decided that ObamaCare’s mandate to buy health insurance is a tax, will the IRS be able to collect it?

Generally speaking, if you owe the IRS, it will get the money from you—with the possible exception of the ObamaCare tax. Though ObamaCare’s individual mandate imposes a tax on people who do not purchase government-approved health insurance, the law explicitly neuters the IRS’s ability to collect the tax.

Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Are you an idiot? I said if I have an EMERGENCY then I'll go to the ER.

Quoting Anonymous:

You have the wrong anon.  You may want to go back and reply to the specific one you are referencing in your post.

Just so you are aware on your second point, ERs are not supposed to be used for routine or non-emergency care.  If you cut off an arm, you go to the ER.  Your kid has an ear ache, you go to your doctor.

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

Hey, anonPussy, I saw you told her that TrollCat should be put down. FFS.

BTW, it doesn't make sense, if you already can't pay for health insurance last year, Social Security went back up this year, what makes them think you can afford health insurance this year?  Not to mention, I didn't go to the dr. for myself last year, why would I need insurance on something I don't need? If it's an emergency, I'll go to the ER...

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmm..  Treason.  Gotcha.

Quoting thetrollcat:

obama damnit!

Quoting Anonymous:

Your son, or the president?

Quoting thetrollcat:

I would request to have him put down if he was feline.

Quoting WifeyC:

As opposed to a non human ass?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM

My son in PA was able to get insurance now (he never could before because of the pre-existing condition clause) and he pays $48 a month.

Guess Montana has a high cost of living or a need for lots of cash.  :/

Quoting thetrollcat:

are you in Montana?

Probably not

That was the rate offered to us for family insurance health care. 900 a month.

At that time we were only making 65,000 a year. THAT does not include the amount taken out to run the business.

We are now up to 80,000 a year (again, that is not what we spend on bills, 20% or more goes back into the business)

Quoting Anonymous:

And the $900/mo is less than 2.5% of your income?

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)