Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PA and shelter! Really?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 155 Replies
4 moms liked this

Do people really think that all because someone is on PA, they should be force to live in shelters?

I think that is the most stupid thing that i have ever heard.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beatlelovermom
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM
2 moms liked this
I've never heard of that. And yes, it's very stupid.

On another note, can we come up with some other topics?

I'm going into thinking mode...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I have never heard of it either until i read it in another post. Like it is really going to help anyone.

Quoting beatlelovermom:

I've never heard of that. And yes, it's very stupid.

On another note, can we come up with some other topics?

I'm going into thinking mode...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM
6 moms liked this

It sounds kind of Nazish if you ask me...what next ? gas chambers ???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I found that post very amusing to be honest.

beatlelovermom
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM
5 moms liked this
Some of these moms are seriously demented and need hobbies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM
2 moms liked this

No, I don't think that, however I do believe if someone is receiving PA(any form) they should not have excess  luxuries unless they can pay for themselves and children to love. 

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:54 PM
2 moms liked this

No, but I also don't think they should be buying red bull on food stamps  and paying for data plans on iPhones either. There is a happy middle.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:58 PM

last time i checked you were not able to buy energy drink with foodstamps. Where i live they actually have signs up saying that those drink can not be bought with EBT.  I don't know anyone of PA who has iPhones. Some data plans for smarts phone are cheaper than Landlines. LIke boost mobile they have the shrinkage plan. even before the shrinkage it is only $55 and after 2 years it can be down to $35

Quoting wkukid:

No, but I also don't think they should be buying red bull on food stamps  and paying for data plans on iPhones either. There is a happy middle.

supercarp
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM

It is stupid. Who thinks that that is a good idea?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM
2 moms liked this

The SNAP program needs to be run like WIC.  The reason for WIC is because it is assumed(and they are right) that low income usually means low education and they don't know how to feed themselves or their children properly.  This fact may insult some, but it does not change that it is the reason there is WiC.  Lower income children are at risk for many things. Low income preggo women are at risk for not having a healthy baby , because some do not know they need to give up smokes and drugs during pregnancy. They don't know the proper things to eat during pregnancy.   If you go into any low income school district, you will see many obese children, it is horrifying.  Upper middle class, not so much.  Cheap food generally is not so good for you.   No one should be allowed to buy junk on SNAP. If you want crap, buy it yourself.   I do not believe PA should go away, but it needs to be cleaned up and lifers need to be thrown to the curb.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)