Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wish a meteor would take out my mother

Posted by   + Show Post
we argue about everything. The fact that she manipulates everybody she comes into contact with, the fact that she can't admit she beat my ass until I was old enough to leave, even though a judge and two prosecuters tried explaining it is in fact illegal to beat someone in your driveway, and that pictures and medical evidence don't lie, she begs to differ. She likes to tell me all the things I do wrong as a mother and even went so far as to draw up adoption papers so that she could take dd and I could "go fuck up my life and leave dd out of it". BTW my life she's so critical of? I'm 24, I have a 3 bedroom house, in the same suburb she lives in, I have a car, a full time job, a man who loves us and takes care of us, a smart and fully healthy daughter who wants for nothing, I have no criminal record and my only addictions are 3 smokes a day and monsters. Her favorite game is to start a fight via text, erase the things she says to start it, and then show people when I finally tell her off, then she promptly calls my grandmother, who I'm very close with, and tells her how awful I am to her and all this other garbage. It's ridiculous.

Our newest argument? Why my dd can't go to her house.

I am just done with the drama it brings. Despite my dismal relationship with her I've let her see my daughter. I would drop her off (because we cannot be in the same building without some sort of nit picking at my life and how I live it) and she would come home and act funny, like just general acting out, not listening, what have you. It came out that because my mom decided one day she doesn't like my dh (and yes it happened like that, she loved him until he answered my phone and she started screaming into it thinking it was me, and he told her she needed to calm down and stop acting like a child, since then, hates him) anyway, she doesn't like him, so dd shouldn't like him. Shed tell dd she didn't have to listen to him, teach her all kinds of nasty little things to say, it was awful. I cut their time together right then but through the guilt of my other family members, I gradually let her back over, but only if my dad was there. Then dd comes home one day and dh asked how her visit was, what did they talk about, what did they do, etc. "Nona(my mom) wants to know why daddy doesn't work and if daddy hits mommy" Wtf! He has a perfectly good job as a parts counterman and he has never laid a hand on me. There was NO reason for that to be in my 4 year olds head. Had an argument with my mother about how that was totally unacceptable and it resulted in nobody speaking and Christmas, Halloween, thanksgiving and new years being spent totally seperate. I even got a formal phone call from my dad saying I was not invited to the house for Christmas because if I came mom would make everyone miserable. Great.

Fast forward to today. Out of no where, an impromptu, 6 text convo happened.

Mom "We want to see Ang. Is tomorrow good?"
Me "no thank you"
Mom " well when is good"
Me "not ever"
Mom" why are you doing this to her? She hasn't done anything and we've left you alone just like you wish"
(I hate that about my mom, like you wish, like I just decided one day that I didn't want her having any influence over my daughter)
Me "you mean why am I doing this to you, you're the only one I want leaving us alone. dad, (my brother and sister), all know where I live, but you forbid them all from contact and dad won't disobey because its just easier than dealing with you"

I have no doubt she has already called my grandmother to tell her all about how awful I'm being.

Fuck her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Replies (151-155):
Lizard_Lina
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:49 PM
That's what dh said. But usually, I just keep my mouth shut, and let her make herself look stupid. Like she told my grandmother dh doesn't have a job so we would never move out of the apartment. When we went house shopping, we took her with us, and when she saw what our budget was, she knew I wasn't making that alone. She told her my house is always a mess, crusted in dust and mess, but every time my grandmother comes over, even if its unexpected, the house is beautiful. My grandmother has made it clear she doesn't want to be in the middle so i dont put her there. She can see for herself my mother is a fruit cake. For Christmas I sent cards out with pictures of us in front of the tree in the new house. My mom turns around and tells people I'm barely keeping it together. Anyone with half a brain could see that wasn't true. It's not worth the argument most of the time.

Quoting katarina666:

SCREW HER AND THE BROOM SHE FLEW IN ON! She is toxic ! Don't let her back into your life! Block her phone calls and text messages.Get a restraining order if you have to.She is not a proper influence on your 4 year old lying about the child's father and putting Vile Ideas into her head.You should have save all her texts to use against her.Talk to your Gram-ma and tell her whats really going on.She probably all ready knows her daughter is a fruitcake.

Lizard_Lina
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Ok, but I'm not famous, and have nothing to gain from this. I was just venting. I could delete the post this minute and nobody would care. I have it open because it makes me feel better about the situation knowing that I'm not the only one who doesn't come from a beaver cleaver family. where I grew up, this is not normal. Most mothers stayed at home, went to PTA meetings, showed up to every function their child was in, checked their homework, encouraged their children. I got a mother who was so wrapped up in self image she didn't care what it did to us. She would throw you under a bus if it meant it would make her look good. I grew up hiding my mother because she was toxic to anyone she didn't like or agree with. Her opinion is the only opinion. Her actions are always right. And don't you dare get in the way of that. She's not a bad person but she has some serious issues that I am not willing to associate with and as of late I am not willing to expose my child to them. As far as therapists, we walked out on the only therapist she ever let me talk to because the therapist wanted her to work on herself, believing it would help me. my mom told the woman she was clearly a quack, had no idea what she was talking about, walked out, and I never went to therapy again. If I was the issue, why didn't I just get sent to a different therapist?

Quoting Molly2u:

Wow! How many of you chose to hear the mothers side? There is always two sides to a story. I have heard many stories over the years by adult children about parents that is not true. Ronald and Nancy Reagan daughter Patti Davis wrote a book and articles defaming her parents that was not true. Patti Davis was a wild child suffering from personality disorder. In 1990 - 1994, she posed nude for Playboy and filmed a video for them. At age 58 she posed nude again " Look Ma ! '' She has been a drug addict and in an out of rehab. Patti Davis reconciled with her parents after her father had Alzheimer's. What good did she do being by her fathers side? She has been nothing more than a  manipulator who got to write a books defaming her parents and then about her '' President father.'' Patti brought nothing more than pain to her family, she tried to humiliate them and hurt them. She has fractured her  family and her siblings who don't talk to her. Oh yes, she had the gift of the gab stabbing her family with her lies to get her two minute of fame. Random Book seller had no moral obligation to not believe her, after all she had her gullible audience.

How often have parents of adult children come out telling the world of there TOXIC child? Therapist survive making the parents the scapegoat and keep them away from reconcile. 

I can relate to your post on many different levels, raised by toxic people, am going through a long drawn out divorce with a toxic, sociopathic person who is father to four kids, 3 of whom want nothing to do with him.  They want to completely cut him out of their lives.  Problem is, my 11 year old daughter isn't given a choice by the courts, although he is an admitted alcoholic, who has not admitted to his repeated relapses.    However her 18 and 21 year old sisters do, just like you.

The most important thing to do is what is best for you.  That being said, the person I feel most sorry for is your mom because she is seemingly incapable, just like my ex, to accept responsibility for her bad behavior, develop listening skills and empathy and enjoy normal loving relationships with people.  Although she has caused a tremendous amount of grief for others, the person she is ultimately hurting the most is herself because she will die a bitter, lonely old woman.   I have no idea how your mom grew up but that is always the first thing I think of- what happened to make her like this?  She may be sociopathic but you aren't.  You are capable of forgiving, letting go of the anger and moving on in your life and at the very least, she taught you how not to be a mom, the things you don't do to your kids because you know how it makes you feel.  Hopefully, you stopped the cycle and if her shitty parenting skills were even part of the reason why, then in a fucked up way, she did something positive.

Molly2u
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I feel very sorry for you. I can't imagine any mother like the one you describe. Is she Bipola? Just like you I vented out. I am one of those mom who drove the kids 105 miles each day between three schools, dance, riding, soccer, swimming, brownies etc. I took my kids on vacations twice a year. I gave them warm meals and we ate most meals together. Unfortunately one of my daughters makes me look like i am the mother from hell. She is a lovely person to every one but us. She had accused me of beating her up, pushing her, lying to her, and hanging up on her 13 years back when she fell from her bike and smashed her face, she had called  from her cell phone but wont believe me the line got disconnected. I called her back within seconds but this was not enough. She accused me of not being with her when she fell in China some 16 years back. I was in the States! No this did not matter. She broke up with her boyfriend and told me he tried to kill her 13 years later. I said " I had no idea I am sorry he was not good for you." I am willing to go for joint threapy and even went for threapy hoping to understand her. She has not spoken to the family ever since saying we are not supportive of her. I still love her. But she had convinced many how evil I am and did nothing for her. She is my daughter and I will always love her unconditionally. I forgive my daughter because of the cobwebs in her head that could not be happy ones. 

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Ok, but I'm not famous, and have nothing to gain from this. I was just venting. I could delete the post this minute and nobody would care. I have it open because it makes me feel better about the situation knowing that I'm not the only one who doesn't come from a beaver cleaver family. where I grew up, this is not normal. Most mothers stayed at home, went to PTA meetings, showed up to every function their child was in, checked their homework, encouraged their children. I got a mother who was so wrapped up in self image she didn't care what it did to us. She would throw you under a bus if it meant it would make her look good. I grew up hiding my mother because she was toxic to anyone she didn't like or agree with. Her opinion is the only opinion. Her actions are always right. And don't you dare get in the way of that. She's not a bad person but she has some serious issues that I am not willing to associate with and as of late I am not willing to expose my child to them. As far as therapists, we walked out on the only therapist she ever let me talk to because the therapist wanted her to work on herself, believing it would help me. my mom told the woman she was clearly a quack, had no idea what she was talking about, walked out, and I never went to therapy again. If I was the issue, why didn't I just get sent to a different therapist?

Quoting Molly2u:

Wow! How many of you chose to hear the mothers side? There is always two sides to a story. I have heard many stories over the years by adult children about parents that is not true. Ronald and Nancy Reagan daughter Patti Davis wrote a book and articles defaming her parents that was not true. Patti Davis was a wild child suffering from personality disorder. In 1990 - 1994, she posed nude for Playboy and filmed a video for them. At age 58 she posed nude again " Look Ma ! '' She has been a drug addict and in an out of rehab. Patti Davis reconciled with her parents after her father had Alzheimer's. What good did she do being by her fathers side? She has been nothing more than a  manipulator who got to write a books defaming her parents and then about her '' President father.'' Patti brought nothing more than pain to her family, she tried to humiliate them and hurt them. She has fractured her  family and her siblings who don't talk to her. Oh yes, she had the gift of the gab stabbing her family with her lies to get her two minute of fame. Random Book seller had no moral obligation to not believe her, after all she had her gullible audience.

How often have parents of adult children come out telling the world of there TOXIC child? Therapist survive making the parents the scapegoat and keep them away from reconcile. 

I can relate to your post on many different levels, raised by toxic people, am going through a long drawn out divorce with a toxic, sociopathic person who is father to four kids, 3 of whom want nothing to do with him.  They want to completely cut him out of their lives.  Problem is, my 11 year old daughter isn't given a choice by the courts, although he is an admitted alcoholic, who has not admitted to his repeated relapses.    However her 18 and 21 year old sisters do, just like you.

The most important thing to do is what is best for you.  That being said, the person I feel most sorry for is your mom because she is seemingly incapable, just like my ex, to accept responsibility for her bad behavior, develop listening skills and empathy and enjoy normal loving relationships with people.  Although she has caused a tremendous amount of grief for others, the person she is ultimately hurting the most is herself because she will die a bitter, lonely old woman.   I have no idea how your mom grew up but that is always the first thing I think of- what happened to make her like this?  She may be sociopathic but you aren't.  You are capable of forgiving, letting go of the anger and moving on in your life and at the very least, she taught you how not to be a mom, the things you don't do to your kids because you know how it makes you feel.  Hopefully, you stopped the cycle and if her shitty parenting skills were even part of the reason why, then in a fucked up way, she did something positive.

Lizard_Lina
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Maybe I should have been clearer in my op then. She was not a bad mother. We always had a roof over our heads, we took vacations, we were clean, we were provided for. Physically all needs were met. It was the social/emotional element that lacked. Like when the sex talk came up when I was 15, she told me I was a whore and that only whores had sex, then proceeded to go through my stuff and everything I had that she couldn't remember buying (which was a lot since i bought a lot of my own stuff at that point as well as got hand me downs) she threw away because the only way I could have gotten it was to fuck someone for it. My 16th birthday I went out with my friends for a few hours (a friend flew in for my birthday) and when I got home she was freaking out that I must have been late (6:00 mind you, dinner reservations were for 7:00) because I was too busy fucking half the neighborhood, and then refused to go to dinner, and then called my grandmother who called me in the middle of dinner with my dad and siblings, to tell me how ungreatful I am and how dare I upset my mother on my birthday. When I got home she came in the living room, threw my birthday present at me, and said "youre just a fucking whore so you don't even deserve the present but I already bought it so you might as well have it. Happy fucking birthday, I hope you remember this day for the rest of your life." And I do. Shit like that. Mind games. All the time. For no reason. As far as bipolar? I don't know. But she has diagnosed anxiety and depression issues and I believe a lot of her issues stem from a chemical imbalance caused by all the drugs her doctors had her on. I don't believe she's ever fully recovered though I believe this is the reason she is different with my younger siblings. Her meds were re assessed via court order when I was 18. I would take that all into account if she were willing to even acknowledge that she could have acted differently a lot of the time, but as far as she is concerned, I am delusional and my memories only ever occured in my mind.

Quoting Molly2u:

I feel very sorry for you. I can't imagine any mother like the one you describe. Is she Bipola? Just like you I vented out. I am one of those mom who drove the kids 105 miles each day between three schools, dance, riding, soccer, swimming, brownies etc. I took my kids on vacations twice a year. I gave them warm meals and we ate most meals together. Unfortunately one of my daughters makes me look like i am the mother from hell. She is a lovely person to every one but us. She had accused me of beating her up, pushing her, lying to her, and hanging up on her 13 years back when she fell from her bike and smashed her face, she had called  from her cell phone but wont believe me the line got disconnected. I called her back within seconds but this was not enough. She accused me of not being with her when she fell in China some 16 years back. I was in the States! No this did not matter. She broke up with her boyfriend and told me he tried to kill her 13 years later. I said " I had no idea I am sorry he was not good for you." I am willing to go for joint threapy and even went for threapy hoping to understand her. She has not spoken to the family ever since saying we are not supportive of her. I still love her. But she had convinced many how evil I am and did nothing for her. She is my daughter and I will always love her unconditionally. I forgive my daughter because of the cobwebs in her head that could not be happy ones. 

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting Molly2u:

Molly2u
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I was not in your mothers shoes or yours. Both of you have lot incomes, both of you are struggling to rid the monsters in your head. Your mom had her baggage's unfortunately she passed it down to you by how she treated you. You have already made a big step to end this cycle. You have desided  to talk about it.... Please try to forgive your mother. Don't let the monsters  grow within you. It only multiplies in the darkest moments when you least expect it. Your mother has more than depression and anxiety. Had your mother had cancer or kidney failure you would be angry with her? Your mother sounds like she has personality disorder. Mental illness is a wicked illness, it destroyes relationships. It is far more toxic and ugly. It hurts far to many people than the data we have. This sickness is distroying more lives each day. 

My beautiful daughter is the sweetes and accomplish young adult. No one will ever know she is bypola . Unfortunately she actually believed she was parenting us since she was born. She believed she was the mummy to her younger sister. We thought this was a phase that would go away. By the time she was an adult she was abusive, fighting screaming and threatning to distroy us. She was seeing a therapist but now she was over 18 and delusional was getting worse. She once accused me " Where were you when I fell in China, a total stranger picked me up and was kind to me." I was in United States she was in China. She was beaten up by her boyfriend who she was living with him and was not talking to us. She blamed me that she could not call us for help. I found out 13 years later when she told us. We love our daughter very much and it hurts us very much she had isolated her self from the family and finds us all toxic and has no contact with us. The cobwebs in her head is spinning faster and faster chocking her happier memories yet filling the gravy bowl of her therapist who refuses group therapy. 

I will be gone before to long and then my beautiful daughter will be still spinning her cobwebs with her therapist who kept me out instead of knowing me. There are always two sides of a story and we are still connected. 

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Maybe I should have been clearer in my op then. She was not a bad mother. We always had a roof over our heads, we took vacations, we were clean, we were provided for. Physically all needs were met. It was the social/emotional element that lacked. Like when the sex talk came up when I was 15, she told me I was a whore and that only whores had sex, then proceeded to go through my stuff and everything I had that she couldn't remember buying (which was a lot since i bought a lot of my own stuff at that point as well as got hand me downs) she threw away because the only way I could have gotten it was to fuck someone for it. My 16th birthday I went out with my friends for a few hours (a friend flew in for my birthday) and when I got home she was freaking out that I must have been late (6:00 mind you, dinner reservations were for 7:00) because I was too busy fucking half the neighborhood, and then refused to go to dinner, and then called my grandmother who called me in the middle of dinner with my dad and siblings, to tell me how ungreatful I am and how dare I upset my mother on my birthday. When I got home she came in the living room, threw my birthday present at me, and said "youre just a fucking whore so you don't even deserve the present but I already bought it so you might as well have it. Happy fucking birthday, I hope you remember this day for the rest of your life." And I do. Shit like that. Mind games. All the time. For no reason. As far as bipolar? I don't know. But she has diagnosed anxiety and depression issues and I believe a lot of her issues stem from a chemical imbalance caused by all the drugs her doctors had her on. I don't believe she's ever fully recovered though I believe this is the reason she is different with my younger siblings. Her meds were re assessed via court order when I was 18. I would take that all into account if she were willing to even acknowledge that she could have acted differently a lot of the time, but as far as she is concerned, I am delusional and my memories only ever occured in my mind.

Quoting Molly2u:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting Molly2u:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN