Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your baby is two just stop

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My SIL and I went out and someone was like aww your baby is cute how old is she. And her reply was 25 months. Wtf... Your kid is two give the month thing up its so annoying.

After my kids turned one I stopped using the month thing I think it's really dumb to use it after 1.

Anyone else like this or is it just me??
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I use months up until age 2. After that it is annoying
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Anything over 18 months I say they will be two in ___. I do not want to do math just to know how old someone's kid is.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM
6 moms liked this

i am 400 months old.

*wobbles on cane*

JTE11
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I totally understand. I was also totally guilty of that because when I worked with infants and toddlers we only referred to age in months to be more exact. When I had my own DD I found myself saying "19 months" and laughed at myself and changed to "a year and a half" when people asked. Yes, after 12 months you can just go with the number of years.

MarriedYoung
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I completely agree and it actually annoys me when people do it.

Mazi184
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I'll do it until ds is 18 months. There is such a difference from him at 12 months to him now at 15 months!
I don't even mind 24, but after that- *eyeroll*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I stop after 2. People used to come up to me to ask dds age because she was so tall but spoke a lot of baby talk still. They didn't understand until I said 'well she's the height of a 3 year old BUT she's only 18 months.' Or whatever month she was.

Bit yea I stopped after 2 years old. I just say either 'she just turned 2 or she will be 3 in November... ' ect..

She's 3 now lol.
my4loves4
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:25 PM

lol agreed, Maybe im lazy but F all that counting because im sure not going to rember after so long. i'll say "1 1/2"  but thats as complicated as i make it

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:25 PM

The months still somewhat matter between 1 and 2... because they are still making so many changes.   A 13 month old is very different than a 19 month old... but by the time they are 20 months, I'm just like... "almost 2."

Quoting macysmom:

I agree!!! But last time I made a post like this EVERYONE freaked out about it. A lot of women use months. I'm with you.. after 11 months.. the damn kid is a year old. Until their second birthday.. then they are 2.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I stopped using monts at 1 also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured